Signs Of Genetic Disease

"So you're saying Minji was drunk last night and forced you to solve math questions? Then you asked your Dad for help over the phone before you could finally go to sleep at midnight? I... I can't, I'm going to laugh myself to death hahaha!"

In the studio, Danielle's laughter echoed early in the morning. Hanni covered her forehead, thinking that she still had math formulas in her mind. She could guarantee that she hadn't done that many math problems even while preparing for her high school exams.

"You can thank your lucky stars that you have a Dad who teaches mathematics. If your Dad taught English, would you still have someone to ask for help? If someone asked why, your Dad would have to explain that his daughter was forced by his daughter-in-law to do math, hahaha!" Danielle was even more amused the more she thought about it.

"Have you laughed enough?!" Hanni shouted with a scowl.

This woman had been laughing all morning.

"No... I just feel... this is indeed... quite funny hahaha!" Danielle couldn't control herself anymore, she really felt that this was enough to make her laugh for a year. After a while, she managed to calm down somewhat.

"You used to tell me how cute Minji was, but I didn't think so. However, now I can see that she's pretty cute after getting drunk."

"She wasn't drunk," Hanni explained. "Professor Lee said that alcohol stimulates her latent personality."

"Split personality?"

"It's not a split personality, it's..." Hanni recalled Professor Lee's words and explained, "Because of autism, part of Minji's personality was self suppressed. This personality can only come out when her mood gets out of control. Alcohol makes Minji's brain more active than usual, so it might trigger some things she wanted to do but didn't do."

"So when she were teaching you math before but you still couldn't understand after so many tries, Minji didn't get angry. It wasn't because she wasn't angry, it was only because her personality was suppressed so she had no way to vent her frustration hahaha!"

Laugh! Laugh again!

"I'm not talking to you anymore! I'm going to work on the design." Hanni, no longer wanting to deal with Danielle, returned to her seat with her unfinished coffee. She had designed a pair of autumn boots last week but found them too simple, so she wanted to add some unique accessories to make them both detailed and attractive. While still searching for inspiration, her phone rang suddenly.

"Mom?" Seeing the caller ID, Hanni answered with a smile.

"Excuse me, is this Teacher Park's daughter?" The voice on the other end was completely unfamiliar.

"I am. Who are you?"

"I'm Teacher Park's co-worker, Jeon. Teacher Park suddenly fainted in class just now and is now in the infirmary."

"What?!" Hanni stood up from her chair. "I... I'm heading there right now. Please take care of my Mom until I arrive."

"Don't worry too much. The school doctor just said it might be hypoglycemia. She should be fine after a short rest. Teacher Park is on an intravenous drip right now, but Teacher Pham isn't at school, so I'm calling you."

"I understand. I'm coming there. Thank you."

Knowing that her mother was fine, Hanni was able to calm down somewhat. She hung up the phone and left with her bag.

"What happened with Auntie? I'll go with you." Danielle, having overheard the call, offered to accompany her.

"It's okay, just low blood sugar. I can manage on my own."