Cute

"Hanni is very important to our Minji, but we understand that shouldn't obligate Hanni to marry her. We asked Professor Lee to come here, we didn't want to use this to gain sympathy. We just want to prove to you that there is a special friendship between these two children. They got married because of this friendship."

Mrs. Kim continued, "If you don't agree with this marriage, we completely understand. But if you're willing to give Minji a chance, our family would be very grateful. Taehyung and I promise to treat Hanni as our own daughter and protect her just as we do Minji."

"We assure you that if Hanni ever feels tired or no longer wishes to stay with our family, she can leave whenever she wants."

After Minji's parents and Professor Lee left, father and mother Pham sat quietly, their thoughts swirling around Mrs. Kim's parting words.

Minji's family seemed to understand that this marriage might not last forever, prepared to let Hanni leave if she ever felt the need. Their willingness to accept potential heartbreak for Minji, while trusting in the bond between the two girls, weighed heavily on father Pham's heart.

"Mom, dad, you're home?"

Hanni's voice rang out, startled by the darkness in the house. She had assumed her parents were still at school, monitoring evening study sessions. Who knew that when the lights were turned on, the two sat on the sofa and scared her into a cold sweat?

"Why didn't you turn on the lights? You nearly gave me a heart attack." Hanni clutched her chest dramatically before collapsing onto the sofa in relief.

Father Pham watched his daughter's usual antics with a mix of emotions. How could this carefree girl, who threw her slippers across the room without a second thought, be the one to run into Minji's world and capture her attention so completely?

"Mom, what's for dinner? I've been running around all afternoon. I'm starving," Hanni complained, rubbing her stomach. She and Danielle had spent hours searching for studio space, but they couldn't find a suitable one. Now, the hunger she had pushed aside was catching up with her.

"I'll make you some noodles," mother Pham said with a sigh, standing up.

"Thanks, mom. And add two eggs, please."

Mother Pham headed to the kitchen, unpacked the vegetables she had bought earlier, and prepared a simple meal of noodles. She made three bowls, one for each of them. After eating, Hanni felt a bit more energized. She took the initiative to help clean up, washing the dishes and finishing cleaning the kitchen. Just as she was drying her hands, her father's voice stopped her in her tracks.

"Wait a minute, Hanni," father Pham said, his tone serious. "Make an appointment with Minji's family. We need to formally meet."

Hanni stood frozen for a moment, processing her father's words. "Dad, do you agree with my marriage to Minji?"

"Hmm." Father Pham grumbled, turning away to retreat to his study without another word, leaving Hanni bewildered.

"Mom?" Hanni looked to her mother for confirmation.

"Go ahead and make the appointment," mother Pham said with a gentle smile. She had sensed that her husband would agree after Minji's parents visited earlier.

"Mom, thank you." Hanni rushed to hug her mother tightly, feeling an overwhelming surge of gratitude.

No matter the lifetime or the choices Hanni made, whether it was pursuing her career abroad or deciding her future with Minji, her parents' unwavering support and love had always been a constant. Returning to her room, she pulled out her phone to call the Kim family. She hesitated for a moment, her finger hovering over Minji's mother's contact before she scrolled down and finally selected Minji's number instead.