Eunchae Disease

Today is Saturday.

The original plan was to return to the Pham family for dinner, but due to the final exam approaching, the Pham parents couldn't pull away, so it was temporarily canceled. Hanni also had no additional plans. The two simply stayed home and watched TV. While looking happy, Hanni's cell phone suddenly rang. She picked it up and found out that it was her cousin Eunchae calling.

"Cousin." Hanni hurriedly answered the phone.

"Hanni, today is the weekend, you shouldn't be working," Eunchae said.

"Yes, I also said I would go see you and Rora at noon."

Hanni visits the hospital every day to see Eunchae and her daughter, making sure Eunchae's health is good. Moreover, Rora's illness has improved a lot recently, and there is a care worker at night. Eunchae felt relieved, and her complexion had improved. When Hanni saw her yesterday, Eunchae even wore light makeup.

"Then come over and bring your wife along," Eunchae invited. "Rora's Dad arrived last night. He wants to invite you to dinner."

"Cousin, you're so kind. We're not in a hurry to eat. Let's talk about Rora's illness first."

"Rora's fever has gone down a lot, and the doctor said she might be discharged the day after tomorrow." Eunchae's tone couldn't hide her excitement.

"Really, that's great."

"Hanni, come here soon. These days, Rora has been drowsy, but she was thinking about seeing you early this morning," Eunchae continued.

"That's good... I'll be there."

Hanni hung up the phone and said to Minji, "My cousin invited us to dinner."

Minji nodded indifferently.

The two changed their clothes and drove to the hospital. On the way, thinking that the child was almost well, Hanni didn't buy a fruit basket as usual but bought a cute rag doll from the gift shop nearby and let Minji hold it.

"You seem to hold the doll quite naturally. Maybe I should buy one for you." In the hospital, Hanni teased Minji, who was holding the doll.

"No," Minji refused immediately. She didn't want to hold the doll, though Hanni felt a bit better seeing her reaction.

The two arrived at the children's ward. Eunchae, who had already received the news, had been waiting at the door for a while. Seeing Hanni coming, she greeted them with joy.

"Hanni, is this... your wife?" Eunchae looked at Minji.

"Yes, this is my wife, Minji," Hanni introduced. "Minji, this is my cousin."

"Hello, cousin," Minji nodded.

"Hello, come on in."

Eunchae called toward the man sitting beside the bed with his back turned to the ward. "Taecyeon, Hanni and my sister-in-law are here."

Eunchae's husband was very tall, with slightly dark skin and a beard. He looked a bit different than Hanni had imagined. She thought Eunchae's husband would have a gentler appearance. But upon closer inspection, Rora's eyes were very similar to the man's. Except for the eyes, everything else resembled Eunchae.

"Hello, I'm Taecyeon." The man extended his hand and introduced himself with a serious expression.

"Don't you want to smile when you see someone?" Eunchae suddenly punched him on the back.

Taecyeon reluctantly rubbed his back and gave a stiff smile to Hanni, like an old machine that hadn't been oiled for hundreds of years.

"Hi, brother-in-law, my name is Hanni, and this is my wife, Minji." Hanni smiled slightly and continued the introduction, "She doesn't talk much."