Lose Control

It was already past eight o'clock in the evening when they left the Pham family's house.

The Pham parents sent the young couple away, standing at the door, sighing with a feeling of gratification. "Who says that people with autism can't speak? Just look at our Minji, she can speak very well. She even asked us not to be sick again, it sounds more sincere than wishing you good health." When Roseanne listened to Minji at that time, she felt warm all over. "Isn't it?"

Dong Won was also relieved when he recalled Minji's solemn appearance just now. Although their daughter-in-law was a bit inarticulate, she sincerely held them in her honest heart.

On the way back, Hanni's mood was still not good, she was both self blaming and sad at the same time. Originally, she was ready to pass away four years later, but because of her mother's sudden illness recurring, Hanni finally saw a glimmer of hope. She believed that if she could seize the signs of this hereditary disease earlier, she might be able to make a breakthrough to some extent. In fact, death wasn't the most terrible thing. It was when you thought that you had been unexpectedly rescued from a desperate situation, but it was all futile in the end.

Also when Hanni accompanied her mother in the hospital for an examination in the afternoon, she hoped that they could find some symptoms of this disease in her mother. She could hardly forgive herself.

"Don't worry anymore. I already asked Dad and Mom, and they promised not to get sick again."

In Minji's eyes, Hanni always had a bright and sunny aura, but every time she came back from the Pham family, that aura would be covered by another kind of haze. However, today, it was especially heavy.

"Promise?" Hanni didn't hear it clearly. "What did my parents promise you?"

"They promised me... that they won't get sick in the future." Minji explained, "They won't get sick, so you don't need to worry."

Hanni was stunned. She lifted her foot off the accelerator, and the car's speed suddenly slowed down. The shocked white car behind them honked angrily, making a piercing sound.

"This matter about illness, a promise won't have any use against it." After the car resumed its stable speed, Hanni answered Minji with a bitter smile.

"Useful." Minji started to give an example. "Before, when Grandma was sick, she was always hospitalized. Later, she promised me not to get sick again, and she never went to the hospital again. It wasn't until Grandma's time had arrived that she returned to the hospital."

Grandma Kim promised Minji not to get sick again, and then she never went to the hospital?

How could Hanni believe this kind of thing? She guessed that Grandma Kim must have called the doctor home when Minji wasn't there.

"Okay, I know. Thank you." Hanni understood Minji's kindness, but she couldn't believe it as much as Minji did.

"You don't believe."

Hanni's breath didn't change at all. Minji knew that her comfort didn't work out, and Hanni didn't believe her.

Minji was frustrated, she felt extremely lost. She knew that she was different from others, and she also knew that there was a gap between her and real society. Professor Lee and her grandmother had told her not to worry about it, to just accept her true self and let herself integrate little by little, and not to be anxious and irritable. But sometimes, she still couldn't control her anxiety.

Minji didn't want to be just someone who accepts help and comfort from others, she also wanted to be someone who could give those to other people. However, her methods always seemed to be wrong, as if they were useless. In the past, Grandma used to sigh, and now, Hanni was always down.