Thanksgiving dinner gone wrong

I watch Mia walk back to the car as I bring my hands to my head scrunching up my hair, I kick the bench hard in frustration about the conversation that just happened. "Klaus?" Someone asks just as I'm about to kick the bench again, I turn around to see Caleb, Mia's friend standing behind me with a confused look on his face, "uhh what's up?" He asks tilting his head to the side slightly in confusion. "Hey do you know where Mia is?" I ask as his eye brows furrow, "no why. What happened?" He asks me still confused, "nothing just had a little disagreement" I say as I walk back to the car but Caleb stops me with his hand, "what did you say to her?" He asks with his tone a bit more angry, I sarcastically laugh as I push his hand off my chest, "not now buddy" I reply still chuckling, "what happend what did you say?" He asks again raising his tone, "none of your business" I reply, "now is really not the time just go back home" I reply more calm knowing Mia will never forgive me if I hurt him, "tell me what happend or-" He threats as I cut him off, "what you gonna do. Look I'm not going to fight you. Go home." I say as I vamp speed quickly away before he can retaliate against me.

I walk in through the compound to everyone how they were before except Lucien, Kol and Marcel have gone. "Where is Kol and Marcellus?" I ask grabbing a bottle of bourbon and pouring myself a glass, "Kol went to help Davina with some kind of spell and Marcel had a meeting with the strix" Elijah informs me from sitting down in the couch next to Hayley, "of course of course." I say shaking my head, "Marcel has befriended the enemy!" I exclaim throwing my hands up, "would you stop. Marcel is on our side for the last time!" Rebekah exclaims in frustration. "God sister are you really making the same mistakes again?" I ask laughing, "I mean it's pathetic really how you continue to hand your heart to any man that shows you a hint of affection including Marcellus!" I yell back, "I can't do this I am leaving call me later when he isn't so sour" Rebekah says rolling her eyes and leaving the compound "what's the matter with you why are you in such a foul mood?" Hayley asks backing up Rebekah, "Maybe cause no one is helping destroy the bloody strix!" I yell back, "brother we are trying" Elijah says standing up and walking over to me. I pause taking a deep breath as everyone's eyes linger on me waiting for me to speak up. I just nod my head sitting down on the chair opposite Elijah and Hayley on the couch, "what's wrong" Freya asks me as everyone seems to be calmed down now. "Nothing" I say, sighing, "where's Mia?" Freya asks as Hayley and Elijah share glances, "we had a bit of a disagreement" I say looking down as I feel tears sting in the corner of my eyes tempering the words I spoke to her, "Brother what happened" Elijah asks furrowing his brows in confusion, "she left I don't know Elijah!" I say throwing my hands up and raising my voice, "she's probably off with her boyfriend" I grunt rolling my eyes to hide my sadness, I see Hayley glance down sighing like she knows something but I brush past it. "It's fine she'll come back eventually" I say standing up, "I'm going to sleep" I say as I stand up to go back to my room as Marcel and Mia walks in and I stop and sit back down, "Mia where have you been" Elijah asks, "not important Marcel and I found something out" Mia says dismissing Elijah's question, I send her a sorry look but she avoids my gaze. "Okay go on with it" Elijah says leaning forward on the couch, "My guys stayed on Tristan's trail all day and followed him to this place called the Candide Royal. He goes in and never comes out" Marcel says, "so he is obviously using it as a way to get to somewhere else" Mia adds in before letting Marcel continue. "The building has hidden passageways leading out the back. Now bootleggers used them in the twenties to run booze to a secret storehouse on Dauphine, And you'll never guess who just bought that storehouse." Marcel continues, "kingmaker land development, owned by one Lucien Castle" Mia adds in again then letting Marcel continue again, "Now that sure as hell isn't a coincidence" he says again, "or it could be" Mia interrupts mumbling as I roll my eyes. Of course she thinks that, "Either there brokering some kind of truce" Marcel says again, "or they've been working together the whole time" Elijah then says putting the pieces together, "bingo" I say smiling as we cracked part of the case open.