The death of a rival and a beloved

- Mia POV -

I wake up to the sun shining on my face, I am still in my clothes from yesterday stained with blood from when Mikeal took me, I don't remember falling asleep last night, the last thing I remember is Klaus leaving abruptly after I told him about my father. I am guessing it struck an emotional chord with him and Mikeal, I get in the shower, Scrubbing all the blood off me as I see it filling the shower floor, I get out and dry myself, I put on dark blue low waisted jeans with a navy blue long sleeve cotton shirt over a white lace tank top that is peeking out of the scoop neckline, I brush my hair and let it fall behind my shoulders.

I walk out and see Freya at my door, "Hey Freya" I say walking out beside her as we walk down the stairs to the compound courtyard, "What's up? I am just about to head out to the Bayou, I owe Caleb a breakfast after standing him up yesterday" I say smiling at her, "I just need help with one thing, a locator spell" Freya says matching my energy, "sure, what for" I ask as we go into the spell room, "Mikeal" Freya says, "we need to locate him and find him before he finds us" She says, "Freya I can't" I say ashamed, "when Mikeal took me he compelled me to do a cloaking spell" I say, "It's fine you're the witch that did it, so we can easily undo it" Freya says gathering her items, "I can't, but I don't know why I can't" I try hard to say yes but I cant push out the word, Klaus comes in, he must of been listening, "she has been compelled by Mikeal to not do spells on him" Klaus says sitting down next to me, "I know what to do, I'll call davina" Freya says, "Mia I think you should call caleb and tell him you'll be a couple of hours late" Freya says walking out of the room to call Davina as I stand up to call Caleb.

Davina arrives shortly after with Josh, "hey Davina, hey Josh" I say giving them both a hug, "Ah! My most disappointing Minion" Klaus says pointing to Josh, "and the teenage super witch" Klaus says pointing to Davina, I roll my eyes. "How exactly do we go about doing this?" I say to Davina as Josh takes my place and sits down on the couch, "were going to erase the compulsion from your brain" Davina said, "Oh, okay" I say, "It's easier said than done, It hurts like hell" Josh says, "Its fine, I can handle it" I say as I get situated, Klaus and Freya stand on my right side and Josh stands on my right, Davina stands in front of me and begins her spell, "Fasila Quisa, Fasila Quisa, Fasila Quisa" Davina chants as I begin to feel a burning in my eyes and the back of my head, My eyes start crying, but not normal tears, blood tears, "AHHHHHHH" I scream in pain but I feel it working, Klaus tries to go beside me but Josh holds him back, "Nearly done" Davina says with a guilty voice, "Fasila Quisa, Fasila Quisa, Fasila Quisa" She chants more, "AHHH" I let out one last gut wrenching scream and then it stops.

"It's done" Davina says, Klaus helps me to stand and hands me a blood bag "are you okay" Klaus says looking into my eyes, "yeah, I am fine, its over now" I say drinking the blood he gave me. Davina and Josh leave shortly after and I am beginning to feeling my old self again, "We can do the spell later, go to the Bayou'' Freya says hugging me, "Thanks Freya, I will be back later" I say hugging her back, "Hey, want me to come with you, I am going to head up to the Bayou soon anyways to check on hope" Klaus says walking by my side to the car, "sure" I answer with my head down looking at the pavement we are walking on, "hey, what's wrong?" Klaus asks tilting my head up to face him, "nothing" I say moving my head away and getting into the driver seat of the car.

We drive down the New Orlean street roads passing the cemeteries, french quarter and houses until we eventually reach the bayou. The ride has been silent, almost awkward. I am about to say something to break the awkward silence when Klaus beats me to it "how old is Lily?" Klaus' question with his hand resting on my dashboard, "She's twelve" I answer, "and Caleb?" Klaus asks another question, I look at him, "17" he hums not knowing how to answer that, "So how old are you guys?" I ask with a chuckle knowing they all have lived over 1000 years, he looks at me laughing and rolling his eyes knowing that I know, "not much older" he says through laughter.