kenyu

#8 + yuki

kenyu arrives at your place, warmly greeting your mom as she opens the door.

"oh, kenyu! it's good to see you. she's in her room, but she's been refusing to come out," your mom replies, a hint of worry in her voice.

"i'll go check on her," kenyu assures her, slipping off his shoes and walking down the familiar hallway to your room. he pauses outside your door, hearing a soft meow from inside. puzzled, he knocks gently.

"one second~" you call out in a sing-song voice.

the door opens, and you immediately put a finger to his lips, signaling for silence. your eyes are bright, but there's a sense of urgency in your gesture.

kenyu steps inside, and you close the door behind him. "w-what?" he stammers, his eyes widening as he takes in the scene.

there, on your bed, is a cat, all wrapped up in a cozy blanket. its big eyes blink up at him, seemingly unbothered by his presence.

"look at you, aren't you the cutest little thing?" you coo at the cat, your voice soft and sweet as you gently scratch behind the cat's ears. "yes, you are. such a precious baby."

kenyu stands there, arms crossed, as he watches you give your undivided attention to the feline.

"you know, i envy the cat," he mutters, "it's like it's getting more attention than me. your own boyfriend."

you glance at him, a playful smile tugging at the corners of your mouth. "when do you not get jealous, ken-kun? remember the time you got jealous of my favorite pen? or how about when i said my coffee machine made better coffee than you?"

he rolls his eyes, sighing. "okay, okay, i get it. but still...it's a cat. a dumb animal."

you laugh softly, continuing to pet the cat. "and there was that one time you got jealous of my video game character, or when you thought my books were more interesting than you."

kenyu huffs, feeling the sting of each example. "alright, enough. shush."

he gently picks up the cat from your lap, placing it aside before laying his head on your lap. his expression softens as he looks up at you, vulnerability in his eyes.

you laugh, taking his glasses off, leaning down to give him a tender kiss on the lips. he wraps his arms around you, holding you close as he deepens the kiss, savoring the moment.

as the kiss ends, he looks up at you, a soft smile playing on his lips. "see i can share your attention, as long as i get moments like this."

you stroke his hair, your fingers threading through the soft strands. "you'll always have my attention, ken-kun you know that."

he closes his eyes, relaxing into the warmth of your touch. "good, because i'm not planning on sharing you too much."

you laugh, the sound light and joyful, filling the room. the cat, now settled beside kenyu, purrs contentedly, seemingly approving of the new arrangement.

with kenyu resting his head on your lap and the cat curled up next to him, you feel a sense of peace wash over you. this moment, simple yet filled with love, is all you need.