rin

#8 + #9 + rin

it wasn't like you paid him any mind, not really. itoshi rin was just another face in the crowd, a soccer player another name on the roster. sure, he was talented—absurdly so—but he was always so...distant. aloof. it was almost as if he didn't see anyone around him. but that changed the moment you smiled at him.

the bell rang, signaling break time. a wave of students surged toward the door, eager to escape the confines of the classroom. you gathered your things, preparing to join them when you noticed a small pencil rolling across the floor. it bumped into your foot, and you looked down to see it was rin’s.

you glanced over at rin, who was still slumped over his desk, his head resting on his arms as he slept peacefully. you picked up the pencil and walked over to his desk. carefully, you set it down and then, almost instinctively, gave his head a brief, gentle pat. it was a fleeting gesture, one that felt oddly natural in the moment.

as you walked out of the class. rin got up. touching the spot where your hand had been, his brow furrowing in confusion as if trying to make sense of the sudden, unexpected warmth.

at soccer practice, you were busy helping the team with their drills. as the team manager, it was your job to make sure everything ran smoothly. you handed out water bottles, set up cones, and offered encouragement where it was needed.

"great shot!" you called out as one of the players scored a goal. the player jogged over to you for the water bottle, grinning. and you instinctively patted his head in congratulations. it was a small, habitual gesture, one you did without thinking.

from across the field, rin watched. his eyes narrowed slightly as he observed the scene, the familiar feeling of your hand on his head resurfacing in his mind. he realized then that this was something you did often—an absent-minded, kind gesture. but for him, it had felt something. it had meant something.

he couldn't shake the feeling. every time you patted a teammate's head, he felt a strange pang of...something. it was as if he wanted that small, casual gesture to be his alone. he didn't understand why it mattered so much, but it did.

in the locker room, rin sat alone, his mind replaying the moment from earlier, the sensation still vivid.

"rin-kun, you're here?"

he looked up at the sound of your voice.

"break time's over, rin-kun," you said, stepping inside and extending your arm, offering him a bottle. "you should get back out there."

instead of taking the towel, rin grabbed your wrist, pulling you closer. you stumbled slightly, finding yourself standing between his legs, the proximity making your heart race.

"r-rin-kun?" you stuttered, your voice shaky. his grip was firm but not painful, his eyes intense as they bore into yours.

"why did you do that?" he asked quietly, his voice low and filled with an emotion you couldn't quite place.

"do what?" you managed to say, your pulse quickening.

"this," he touched his head again, his fingers brushing the spot where you had patted him. "why did you do it?"

you tilted your head in confusion, genuinely baffled. "i don't know what you're talking about, rin-kun."

his grip on your wrist tightened slightly, and he pulled you even closer, so close you could feel his breath on your skin. his eyes darkened, and his voice dropped to a low, possessive tone. "don't play dumb with me."

your heart pounded in your chest, unsure of what he meant. "i'm not playing dumb, rin-kun," you said, your voice barely above a whisper. "i really don't understand."

very slowly, his hand moved to where your hand had petted his head. "only pat their head who really deserve it," he warned, his tone dangerously soft.

you blinked, still confused. "what do you mean?"

he leaned in closer, his eyes never leaving yours. "people like me. only me," he said, his voice almost a growl. "don't pat others' heads. head pats are only for me."