Chapter 3: A New Student

"So isa ka pala sa mga Papi ng DLSU. Yes, binilin na niya kayo sa 'kin," Azra confirmed. Her smile was widening slightly as she met Maeve's gaze, causing Maeve's heart to skip a beat.

"Hehe. Opo," Colai chuckled at what her professor said, then sat back in her seat.

Azra then looked around the room. Her gaze was settling back on Maeve. "Maeve, what time do your classes end today? I'd like to discuss your thesis progress with you, Colai, and your other two groupmates. Let's meet at the faculty lounge."

The other students looked at the redhead, intrigued by why the professor seemed to know Maeve.

Maeve nodded, feeling both excited and a bit nervous. "Our last class ends at 4 PM, Az... Ms. Azra."

"Perfect. I'll see you all then," Azra said, giving Maeve a lingering glance before turning back to her desk.

The class had ended, and Maeve had an hour before her next one. "Una na kayo," the redhead said, flashing a smile as Colai, Jo, and Gwyn exchanged knowing glances and teasing smiles before slipping out of the room, leaving Maeve alone with Azra.

"Ms. Azra," Maeve began. Her voice was tentative as the room's echo seemed to linger longer than usual.

"Just Azra when it's just us," Azra responded with a smile that seemed to light up the room. The warmth in her eyes made Maeve's heart race a little faster.

"Azra, stalker ka ba?" Maeve asked. Her tone was half-serious, half-playful.

Azra chuckled, a sound that seemed to fill the room with a kind of magic. "Feeling mo ah. Angel mo nga ako. Kulit," she replied. Her smile was infectious.

"Lagi nalang kasi tayong nagkikita," Maeve said, shaking her head in disbelief.

"Ayaw mo?" Azra asked. Her confidence was mixed with a seductive smile. She stepped closer, just enough to make Maeve's pulse quicken.

"Ahm, ano kasi. Ung sinabi mo sa bar—"

"Na future girlfriend mo 'ko? Seryoso ako dun. And I always get what I want," Azra said. Her tone was both playful and determined.

"Hindi mo pa nga ako kilala talaga. Tsaka hindi kasi ako nagjojowa. Hindi ako mabilis mafall. Nagbibigay naman ako ng chance pero nagsasawa lang kakahintay ung mga nagkakagusto sa 'kin," Maeve explained. "Siguro kasi hindi ko lang priority."

"40 days," Azra mumbled. Her eyes were twinkling with mischief.

"Huh?" Maeve questioned. Her confusion was evident as she tried to catch up with Azra's train of thought.

Paano ko magugustuhan 'to? Weird niya talaga, Maeve thought to herself. Her mind was racing to understand the enigmatic professor.

"In 40 days, you'll fall for me. I'll let you know when I start," Azra said. Her smirk was a tantalizing promise.

"Hahaha! Funny mo," Maeve said. Her sarcastic laughter was easing the tension. The room seemed to lighten up with her genuine amusement.

"Hmmm... enjoy the laughs while you can. In a few days, yung 'hahaha' mo magiging 'ah ah ah' na." Azra winked. Her playful demeanor was as magnetic as ever, before she gracefully left the classroom.

Maeve looked around the empty room, feeling the sudden drop in temperature. "Woooh! Inet! Sinong nagpatay ng aircon?!" she exclaimed, as if the room itself was conspiring against her.