Chapter 16: Little Things

"May pangalan na?" Azra chuckled. "I honestly don't know. Tatanungin ko si Lailah or si Dad," she added.

Azrael's POV

Day 25

We were at the beach in Zambales. Maeve had invited her friends, and she asked me to bring mine as well. I decided to ask Shera and Lailah to join, especially since Lailah said she needed to stay close to me.

I still hadn't taken the test. For the first time in my billion years of existence, I felt fear—not of the possibility that I might be pregnant, but of the thought of raising a child without my partner by my side. My partner, who would have been the most amazing parent.

Maeve was always attentive to the little things. She made sure I ate on time, that I was always comfortable, or that I was warm at night by gently draping a blanket over me. I loved her for all of it.

"Napaka init!" Lailah exclaimed. I turned to see her in a pink bikini, walking towards the shore where I was sitting, watching Maeve swim. Jo was right behind her, parang tutang nakabuntot eh.

"Lablab! Tara na, swim na tayo!" Maeve shouted, waving at me. She was wearing board shorts, and I couldn't help but notice the obvious bulge between her legs.

As I watched, two girls walked towards Maeve and approached her. Maeve immediately looked at me, her eyes filled with worry. Parang itong dalawang babaeng 'to ang mga ihahatid ko today, pero hindi sa langit.

I started walking, then swam to where Maeve was. When I reached her, I heard one of the girls saying, "Pwede ka tonight? Inom lang with our other friends."

Maeve chuckled. Aba, may gustong malagot.

"Ahm, sorry. Kasama ko kasi girlfriend ko," Maeve answered, immediately holding my hand.

"Oh, may girlfriend ka na pala," the other girl said.

"Yeah, and we're having a baby. Kaya shoo! Sumbong ko kayo sa magulang niyo eh," I told them. They turned around and walked away. I overheard one of them mutter, "Tara na nga! Napakasungit!"

"Lablab... hindi mo dapat ginawa yun," Maeve said softly.

"At bakit?! Gusto mong pinagpipyestahan yang alaga mo? Akin lang yan!" I said loudly. Maeve just smiled at me, her green flag ever-waving, then kissed me on the forehead.

"Sa 'yo lang nga. Tsaka paano kung buntis ka nga? Baka makasama sa baby angel natin yan. Wag na masungit ah? Pwede namang sabihin nang maayos po," Maeve said, making me feel soft and cared for.

"Kaya ka kinukuha agad, napakabait mo eh! Hayst!" I teased, shaking my head.

We spent the afternoon just enjoying the beach. While waiting for the sunset, I hugged Maeve, wrapping my legs around her waist. We shared kisses, which slowly deepened.

"Huy! Mahiya naman kayo sa mga walang kapalitan ng laway!" Colai called out, teasing us.

"Andito naman ako. Gusto mo ba?" Miley quipped back.

We continued kissing, ignoring the playful banter around us.

"Lailah! Malalim dyan, baka malunod ka... sa pagmamahal ko!" Jo shouted, trying to catch Lailah's attention.

"Guys! Wag kayong magtaka pag wala si Jo mamaya ah. Papalunok ko lang sa balyena," Lailah retorted. Maeve and I finally broke our kiss, laughing uncontrollably.