Chapter 17: Time Travel

Lailah's expression softened slightly then let out a small laugh. "Beh, ang laki kasi."

Day 33

Maeve showered Azra with kisses on her face to wake her up. "Hmm... love," Azra mumbled sleepily, her voice heavy with exhaustion.

"Wake up na, lablab. Date tayo," Maeve said softly, her excitement barely contained.

They were in Azra's condo, and it was clear that the professor/angel was still tired from the night before. Azra felt the lingering soreness in her body.

"Love, I'm sore," Azra whispered, snuggling closer to Maeve, seeking comfort in her warmth.

"Oh... okay," Maeve replied, her voice tinged with disappointment. She had prepared something special for Azra, but if she wasn't feeling well, they could always do it another day. "Sleep na ulit, lablab. Next time nalang po. I love you."

Azra slowly opened her eyes, catching the sadness in Maeve's expression. Guilt washed over her, and she couldn't bear to see Maeve like that. "Fifteen minutes, then kikilos na po ang girlfriend mo."

"Really?! Kaya mo? Okay lang naman if hindi po," Maeve said, her excitement returning, eyes sparkling with anticipation.

Azra chuckled, feeling her heart swell with love. "Kitang-kita ko ung excitement mo. Paano naman ako tatanggi?"

After Azra got ready, Maeve went back to her own unit to take a bath. They agreed that Azra would just wait for Maeve in the car, as she wanted to ensure the car was in pristine condition, being extra careful for Maeve and their baby.

After making sure the car was okay, Azra was about to open the passenger side door when a sudden, inexplicable gust of wind swept through the parking lot. She froze, sensing something unusual. No breeze should have been able to reach this enclosed space

"Mom," a deep yet youthful voice called out from behind her.

Azra turned around, her heart skipping a beat. "Anong mom?" she asked, her eyes narrowing as a teenage boy approached her with a confident smile.

"It's me, Jariel!" the boy exclaimed, wrapping his arms around Azra in a warm hug.

Azra pulled back, scrutinizing the boy's face. "Adik ka ba?" she asked, her confusion growing.

Jariel laughed, shaking his head. "Mom, I'm an angel like you... well, half-angel. Magkamukha nga tayo oh," he said, pulling out his phone to take a selfie with her. He showed her the picture, and Azra had to admit the resemblance was uncanny.

"Dad!" Jariel exclaimed when he spotted Maeve approaching.

Maeve blinked in surprise. "Huh? Sino ka? Sino siya?" She looked between Jariel and Azra, her confusion mirroring Azra's.

"Angel siya. Pinagtitripan ata ako eh. Ngayon ko lang to nakita, tapos sasabihin niya anak ko siya," Azra said, feeling a mix of irritation and bewilderment.

"Magkamukha kayo..." Maeve murmured, her eyes flicking between the two.

"Ay, Dad! May magkaparehas din sa 'tin!" Jariel said with a teasing grin.

With a quick motion, Jariel pulled Maeve to the side, turning his back to Azra. He swiftly tugged at the waistband of his pants—jogger-like, yet made from a fabric that seemed to shimmer with an otherworldly glow. Maeve gasped, her eyes widening in shock. "HALA, ANAK NGA KITA!"