12 - Morning

|Hamilton|

The dance ended quite abruptly. George, the host, suddenly went on the microphone and said the ball was over.

Now tomorrow, the school part of college will finally begin. Can't say it's my favorite part...

It's the next day, and I just woke up. A lot happened yesterday.

I went to the mall with new friends, went to a ball with them, and danced with a beautiful girl. What a great day. Yeah, there were some bad moments, but mostly good ones.

I sit up on my bed, stretching. I get up, get dressed, and leave the room.

As soon as I open the door, I see John, holding a plate with pancakes. I jolt. "Ah! Oh my... Don't do that..."

"Sorry. But I made pancakes!" He shoves them out towards me. I don't really like pancakes.

"The only thing you made was pancakes?"

He nods, smiling. "What, you don't like pancakes? Everyone should like pancakes." He says, raising an eyebrow.

"Sorry, but I don't like 'em. I don't even eat breakfast." I say, politely pushing the plate back towards him.

He blinks. "Oh... Alright, it's not like I made fifteen pancakes for us." He seems upset.

"Why would you make fifteen pancakes for two people? Did you expect me to eat seven pancakes?" I ask, furrowing my eyebrows.

He shrugs. "I dunno. Maybe you're a big eater." He then walks away, putting the pancakes on the table. "Where'd you go after the ball ended? Everyone else just stayed, even though George said the ball was over."

I walk over to the table, sitting down, because I don't like standing for long periods of time. "Oh, it was late, and I was tired."

He looks at me for a few seconds. "Really? You seem like the guy to get no sleep." He takes a pancakes and starts to nibble at it.

"Uh huh. Well, I got eye bags and stuff when I was child, and they never went away. It's annoying."

He shakes his head. "Nah, they look cool. Just makes it look like you never sleep."

Cool? I've never heard someone say eye bags and dark circles were cool.

"It's like making fun of my freckles. Makes no sense. You can't help that they're there." He says, swallowing some pancake.

"Well, I could've gotten more sleep when I was younger."

"And there's a reason you didn't, I'm sure." He takes another bite of the pancake. He's right. When my mom died, I barely slept after that. It was such a dark time for me...

I look down. "Yeah. You're right. Thank you. They always bothers me growing up."

"I thought girls liked those, anyway." He says, raising an eyebrow.

"No. Not many. They just like dark circles that... I don't know. They just don't like it." I respond, crossing my arms.

"I like 'em."