10 - Dance | Part One

|Jefferson|

Why would Madison make me think I have an std? That was not funny.

I hear a loud voice. It's coming from a microphone.

"Uh, hello. Hear ye, hear ye! Heh... Uhm... Slow dance coming up. Get ready!" The voice says. Sounds British. I hate British people. I should probably just find a random girl to dance with.

I turn around just to bump into a man. He kinda looks like me. "What where you're going, dude." I say, crossing my arms.

"Oh, sil vous plait, you bumped into me-"

No way... He's... He's French! I love French people. Oh, wait. I know this guy. "Wait, you're Lafayette. The only French guy in high school."

"Yeah, you bullied all my friends." He says, crossing his arms. So what? I didn't bully him. Is he mad?

"Yeah. So?"

Lafayette sighs. "I have someone to dance with. Tu me fais perdre mon temps..."

He pushes me to the side. "Oh, well, I can understand French, Y'know? I just wanted to have a conversation..."

Man. I suck. Where's Madison? Did I lose him again? He was literally right next to me. Oh, he's just getting the probably-spiked punch.

What am I supposed to-

The music started. I gotta find someone to dance with. Hurry, Thomas!

Her! She's pretty. I'll dance with her. I walk towards the woman. She looks sad.

"Hello, ms. May I dance with you?" I ask, flashing my charming smile. She doesn't really react though, which surprised me.

"I have a boyfriend..." She dismissed. Yeah, I do not see a man anywhere

"I don't see anyone." I gently take her hand. I kiss it, hoping to charm her.

"I'm not lying, I really do have a boyfriend. He's not the best, though..." She pulls her hand away.

"What's your name, dear?" I ask, raising an eyebrow.

"Maria. Maria Lewis."

"Beautiful name for a beautiful woman. What's your boyfriends name? I'm Thomas Jefferson." I introduce myself, bowing slightly.

"Uh, James. James Reynolds. He says we're going to get married and live happily together, but I don't see how that's possible. He treats me horribly..." Tears start to form in her eyes. I shouldn't let her cry.

"Say, we can talk about this while we dance, hm?" I take her arm. Maria nods, smiling. Man, aren't I great?

|Mulligan|

Is Lafayette done shitting yet? The dance is about to start... What if he ditched me? Man, I wouldn't be surprised.

Oh, there he is! He pushed somebody out of the way before walking to me. He slowly comes to a stop in front of me. He clears his throat.

"So... The music has started." He stated the obvious. Some couples around us start to dance.

"I can hear. We should... Y'know..." Why can't I say it? Goodness, this is awkward. What the fuck?