8 - Ball | Part Two

|Mulligan|

Did I hear that right? "Sorry, what?"

Laf takes a deep breath and takes a step towards me. "Do I look a pussy to you?"

I look at Alexander and he just shrugs. "Uhm. No...?"

"Right. That is why I'm... I'm... Going to be brave and..." He pauses.

It goes quiet between us, more people entering the room.

Lafayette then takes my hand and squeezes it really hard. Wow, he's strong.

"And ask you to dance with me! And you are going to accept, because it took a lot of talking to myself by the punch to gain this courage, okay?!"

I just stare at him. I smile slightly. "Uh, yeah...? Sure.."

Laf lets out a breath and lets go of me. He fixes his hair. "Good. I'm going to go to the restroom. Et je vais sans vergogne chier nerveusement."

I watch him walk away. What the hell just happened?

I look at Alexander and John, who are just looking at me, confused.

John blinks. "What happened just now?"

I shrug. I look around awkwardly. I see three girls walk in. "Uh, there are the Schuyler sisters." I point.

John quickly looks over and smiles. "Oh, look, Alex! Don't they look so pretty?" He asks, pointing at them.

|Laurens|

Oh my lord. I don't know what happened between Herc and Laf, but I'm happy for them.

But, really... the Schuyler sisters are the most important thing.

Alex looks at them. He seems mesmerized. I'm not surprised. He turns to me. "Who's the one in the middle...?"

"Uh... Angelica. The oldest of the three." I look at him to see how he'd react. He smiles.

"Goodness, she's pretty..." He really wants her. At first sight. Just like me with Peggy. But, I didn't react like that... He almost seems in love.

"Alright, buddy, don't get an erection. We gotta talk to them, not just look. Wait, what about Herc?" I forgot him. I look at him.

He's just holding his chest, looking at the ground. Is he having a heart attack? Alex just stares at Angelica, who I talking to her sister, Eliza.

I walk to Herc. "Hey, man. You okay?"

He nods. "Yeah. Lafayette just asked me to dance. Isn't that crazy? Y'know what? I'm... I'm gonna go drink that spiked punch. Good look with Margarita." He laughs and he turns around and starts to walk to the punch.

Margarita. Peggy, he means. Different name. I go back to Alex. "Alright. Let's go."

He finally pulls his eyes away from the eldest sister. "Oh, right. Sorry." I start walking and he follows.

I take deep breaths before approaching Peggy. I quickly fix my outfit. I stand in front of her. "Ah, hello." I wave.

Oh my God, that's awkward. She waves back. "Hello..? Who are you?" She asks. Her voice is so cute.