11 - Dance | Part Two

|Burr|

I sit down in the ground, leaning back on the wall. I take out my phone.

"Theo, I'm bored." I text Theodosia, hoping she's not with her boyfriend.

After a few minutes of anxiously waiting, she replies. "Same. Where are you?"

"A boring ball. I realized I had nobody to dance with. I wish you were here."

"Can't you leave and maybe come here? My boyfriend's not here. 😉"

Woah. I look around nervously. Everybody's dancing, so I don't think anybody would care, or even notice I left. Oh, but I need to go to sleep early for my classes tomorrow...

"I really wanna, but I don't think I can." I slowly type, feeling bad.

A moment of waiting, she replies, "Please?" And sent a picture.

Oh, God. Why would she send that when she knows I'm in a public place?! I quickly stand up. "Okay, I'll be there soon."

I feel so ashamed of myself. I slowly open the door and slip out. Anything for my dear Theodosia...

|P. Schuyler|

Just look at Thomas dance with that... random that looks scarily like me. I'm jealous. If I could talk to him, I would definitely be the one dancing with him.

Ugh, I should've just took John's offer... Now I'm just sitting on the ground in the corner of the room, watching everybody have fun. I don't think it's very fair.

My sisters are dancing. Eliza with... that guy. And Angelica with John. That should've been me! I look around the room once again to see a guy leave. He was trying to be secretive, so I'm not gonna do a thing. I'm no snitch.

I slowly stand up. Maybe I could drink some spiked punch. Or- Wait a second...

Where is Thomas' friend? He just disappeared after drinking the punch. Oh, is it spiked with something fatal? That wouldn't be good for him. Where could he be?

Maybe that random janitor closet. I walk towards it and I slowly open it. I do not see Madison, but I do see a crying man.

Once he realizes I'm there, he quickly stops crying and wipes his face. "Uh, hello."

"Hi...? Who are you, and what are you doing in the... janitors closet?" I ask, furrowing my eyebrows.

"I-I'm Charles Lee, and... I... I was crying. Because I have nobody to dance with... And everybody's so mean to me." He said quickly, his voice going higher pitched. He seems to be really upset about this.

"Oh, uh... Don't cry anymore. Please. You look ugly while doing so. Not in a mean way, of course." I tell the truth.

He nods. "Do you wanna dance with me...?"

"Oh, no... I don't wanna be seen with you. Not in a mean way. I'll just go." I start to turn around before he takes my hand.

"Please. I beg you." He pleaded.