Chapter - 25

After this little hangout and 'confessions' they all decided to go home. They bid goodbyes and went to their own designated places.

Hyunjin was hopping on his way home. He knew his parents will never expect this. He always used to have just the pass marks and now he was too overjoyed. He simply couldn't wait until he get home.

"Mom, dad, I'm home." He said in a happy tone as soon as he entered.

"Hi dad, where's mom?" He asked his dad who was reading some book.
"She's in the kitchen." He said without taking his eyes from the book.
"Well, I've got my first semester results today, and don't you wanna take a look?" He asked.
"The results are always the same so why bother?"
"Thought I should let you see still."
"It's time you should change your dialogue." He finally looked at Hyunjin and it didn't seem like he was gonna leave anytime soon.
"Sure, show me." His father said sighing, having no expections at all.

He immediately took out his progress card and gave it to his father. His father nonchalantly took it and studied the details.

The more he read, the more his eyes widened. He simply couldn't believe that his son actually scored some perfect mark.

"H-how?"
"Told ya, you might wanna see."
"Are you sure your cards didn't get swap?" His father asked, still eyes wide open.

"What are you two doing here?" His mom asked while taking off the apron.
"Maybe you should see it yourself." His father said, giving her the report card.

"Honey? Is this a dream?" His mom asked eyes still fixated on that piece of paper.
"It's not."

"WHAT? THIS- THIS SHOULD BE FRAMED, HONEY WE SHOULD GIVE THIS TO THE STUDIO AND GET THIS FRAMED, WHAT HAPPENED TO MY DUMB ASS SON?" She started screaming.

"Mommmmmmm." He whined.
"No jinnie I never thought you would put some effort to study like YOU of all people? Nah definitely not. Like babe I would've believed if it was above average but YOU LITERALLY SCORED SECOND IN YOUR WHOLE CLASS?" She said still freaking out.

"Momm, I know right? You know my friend Jisung? He helped alot like made me and Felix simple notes and Felix is literally the third." He said in a playfully irritated tone. But hell he was having a hard time hiding that damn proud smile.

"FELIX TOO? That's it, we are inviting his family here someday, gimme their contacts."
"Mommm"
"Alright alright, change of menu, we are going grocery to make your favourite food, start the car honey." She said while running off to her room.
"On it." His father said while grabbing a coat. Hyunjin chuckled at his parents reaction and was about to walk to his room when his dad stopped him.

"Hyunjin."
"Yes dad?"
"You know what? I'm really proud of you. I've always been. Just because I was grumpy around you doesn't mean I never was. And don't ever think worth depends on your grade okay? Sure they play a big role and you definitely have to keep it high but don't overdo it okay? Me and your mom will always be proud in whatever you do. Today you just proved that to us." His father  said while giving his hair a small ruffle.

Hyunjin almost teared up at the words and just nodded. His father gave him a big smile.
"Let's goo." His mom said while walking off.

"I'M HOMEE." A deep tone echoed through the house.

"LIX YOU ARE HOME." His mother said while giving him a hug.
"I also need hugs." His father whined.
"Shut up, you are a grown ass mahn honey."
"I was just kidding.. or not, well anyways welcome home our precious sunshine." He finally welcomed his son.

"Finally, I'm getting all the attention." He pouted.
"Aww don't pout baby, you both are two big babies now." His mother said while giving him head pats.
"Ah yeah, I got the report card today." He said while taking out his cards.
"It's okay Lixie, we'll still love you even if you fail." His father reassured. Felix just remained silent and gave the report to his mom.