Exist (N/A)

(did you know that needles birthday is on july 20? very interesting to know)

Death P.A.C.T., much like most of the other teams in the Battle for Battle for Dream Island, was formed in a rather weird way.

All the teams in this strange new season had origins and histories that were just as strange, if not more so, than the team formed to prevent death and create trust. A Better Name Than That was formed due to a certain somebody, a bozo-brain bossy-bot, taking the competition *far* more seriously than she should've. BEEP was formed by someone with a questionable track record and unknown morals, gathering together a bunch of nobodies and unwanted people she wanted to 'help', in some twisted sense. Free Food was named that way because of the aforementioned free food; Fries *wants* somebody to be the focus to be the leader that'll save them from certain doom, but isn't keen on having that focus on him. Iance was just two mini-teams mashed together, a horrific and agonizing clash of entirely different characters and personalities. Team Ice Cube's name and image was centered around a character that wasn't even on it. The Losers are a glorified fanclub that everyone just accepted, not complaining about the fact that a single beige cube held that much power. Teardrop's Team was just a haphazard assemblage of characters looking for independence.

With all these weird details going around, something as mundane as 'why was Death P.A.C.T. formed' tends to get easily swept under the rug, much like anything to do with a certain sewing needle. Really, who *cares* about how they came to be? What mattered more was their message: in a world that was so apathetic (or worse) regarding something as awful and bad as death, one team *dares* to stand out, to boldly declare that they won't be having any of this, to go against years of history to try and create a better world. That's what's happening in the now, and what happened now was infinitely more important than the past, a time which *everyone* would like to get as far away from as possible.

But still, it can't hurt to look.

The team came to be after several people take one good look at Pie, realized that she hadn't killed anyone all her life, and decided that she was the *perfect* role model. The origins of her lax nature are just as muddled as everything else in Goiky; maybe that's all she ever knew, maybe that's what she settled on, or maybe the threat of exploding kept her in check. Whatever it was, it led her to live a rather peaceful and calm life prior to BFB, and everyone wanted in on it. Hence, Death P.A.C.T.

Despite being so integral to the team's formation, being the very bedrock in which the whole thing was built upon, she ended up not really doing much. She does more than her fair share of team activities, of course, but for a de facto team leader, that's... something.

This little matter ended up being brought up during one of their meetings, amidst the constant discussion and bickering over what the best ways to prevent death are. The topic arrived suddenly and unexpectedly, just like most things in life.

"Huh. You're right." Tree nodded at Pillow, who was the one who decided to bring all this up. "Pie, your existence is the basis for the existence of this entire team, and yet you don't really do much about that." "Hm. yeah." Black Hole chimed in. "I remember asking you to teach me what you know about death prevention; since then, I haven't really been taught... anything." Pen rolled his eyes, grumbling. "Well, that just says it all, doesn't it?" He'd comment. "The one this whole team is built around, and she doesn't even do anything. Proves what I've been saying the whole time!"

The consumable took a deep breath. A deep fried breath. Well, a deep baked breath. "Well, what's there to teach?" She'd start. "If any of you've been paying attention, all the lessons are in plain sight." "That may be true." Remote interjected. "But you should note that not everyone can understand the same degree of nuance in actions." "Right." Tree nodded. "We're a team focused on preventing death; the fact that we've got together at all says something about how well they can read the room."