18. First and Foremost

I just got the bookmarks for The Beta's Heart! Our boys look so good!

###

Tyler

"Like rabbits, huh?" I asked Peri once I'd carried her out of her brothers' earshot, a mischievous smile playing on my lips as I pictured her fierce face while she argued with Alpha Cole.

"Sorry if I embarrassed you," she muttered from where she hung down my back. "My big mouth takes over before my brain can stop it sometimes."

"I'm not embarrassed, but I think I might be ready to try out some of their advice."

Adjusting my hold on her, I eased her down until our damp fronts were smushed together and wrapped one arm under her bum. Our faces were inches apart, and I stopped walking to stare into her eyes. They were such a dark brown, they appeared black and seemed to hold all the stars in the universe.

"Goddess help us if we're relying on them," she murmured as she stared back at me, our breaths mingling and picking up speed the longer we got lost in each other's eyes.

A high-pitched squeal from somewhere in the gathering darkness made us blink and remember where we were.

"So, Mom linked me that she and Dad would start to gather the boys up in about an hour." With a sexy smirk, she wiggled her eyebrows at me, and I was torn between wanting to laugh and wanting to suck the sass right out of her.

"We're not going to mate for the first time in a place where there's a risk of your innocent baby brothers coming home any minute," I told her and started walking again.

Something coiled up tight in my belly every time I thought about mating my sunshine girl, and the desire to explore 'every inch' of her grew with each step I took.

"It would be the same with the little children at the orphanage if we went to your room there." She pouted and playfully poked my chest with one index finger.

"Actually, I already planned this out with the alphas." My face burned as I remembered everything we talked about last night. "They rented us the guest house at Bel Aire Farm."

"Oh, that is such a beautiful little cottage!" Her eyes widened in surprise and delight. "I've always wanted to stay there! Why didn't you tell me earlier?"

"Wanted it to be a surprise." I shrugged, a smile tugging at my lips. "And, you know, zero risk of anyone walking in on us."

"Well then, what are we waiting for? Let's go!"

"You don't want to change and shower first?" I asked her.

"What would be the point of that? We're just going to strip down and get dirty again!"

It was my turn to smirk as I carried her out to my new SUV and set her in the front passenger seat. When I reached around her to fasten her seatbelt, her lips caught mine, and the world faded away, leaving the two of us alone with a hunger that was burning us up.

"Get me to a bed, Ty," she moaned as we broke the kiss, and her breathy voice made my whole body clench. "I don't even care if there's a risk of the king himself walking in on us."

Grinning, I ran around to my side of the vehicle and climbed in, started the engine and took off, the anticipation and tension between us growing stronger with every mile.

#

The guest house at Bel Aire Farm was cozy and private, at least a mile from any neighbors, and perfect for what we had in mind. As soon as we stepped inside, I pulled Peri into my arms, her lips meeting mine in a deep, passionate kiss. My heart raced as I slid my hand around to gently squeeze the back of her bare thigh, reminding me that we were still in our swimsuits, and the way the mate sparks jumped and sizzled between us only egged me on to explore more.