Bonus - Posy's babies: Heartbeats of Home

Author's note: I reworked the video and blurb to advertise Thoreau's story. What do you think? "Thoreau Jones is a neurodivergent wolf shifter living a horrible life with his cruel parents. In books one and two, he arrives at Five Fangs battered and bruised in body, but with his cheerful spirit intact. As his older brother nurses him back to health, he finds love and acceptance and friendship as the pack adopts him as their darling. In books three and four, the timeline jumps ahead three years to the eve of his 18th birthday. Reau is eager to find out if the Moon Goddess blessed him with a mate and, if so, who it might be. He knows who he wants it to be..."

###

Heartbeats of Home

This story takes place twenty years after Posy becomes luna of Five Fangs. (Ambrose, Bastian and Caspian are 14; Darius and Evander are 12; Felix, Gryphon, and Hadrian are 10; and Ivo and Jericho are 8.)

The day began like any other, with the sun casting its gentle rays through the curtains of Posy Everleigh's bedroom. Before she could even think about getting up, a small, warm body wriggled under the covers and nestled against her.

Thank the Goddess one of her mates - usually Alpha Wyatt - made sure she was decently covered in one of their t-shirts each morning before they left for work!

"Morning, Mommy," whispered Jericho, one of her eight-year-old twins, as his little arms wrapped around her.

"Good morning, sweetheart," she murmured, kissing his forehead.

He hugged her tightly, a sleepy grin spreading across his face.

"I brought you something." He held up a slightly wilted pansy. "It's from the garden. I wanted you to have it first thing."

"Thank you, Co." Her heart melted as she took the flower. "It's beautiful."

As she sat up, she found Ivo setting a cup of tea on the bedside table. He had carefully carried it up from the kitchen without spilling a drop.

"I made it just the way you like, Mommy," he said, his eyes bright with pride. "Cas helped me use the stove, and we didn't even make a mess."

"You're the best, Vo." She smiled warmly and held out her arms to him. "A flower and tea is exactly what I needed to start my day right."

"Pa said it would make your morning even happier," Co told her as Vo joined them in bed for a snuggle.

"And Pa was right," she murmured as she squeezed her babies, using the mind link to let Alpha Jayden know how much she appreciated the gesture.

As the sun climbed higher in the sky, Posy's morning with the twins drew to a close, and she found herself in the kitchen preparing lunch. She was about to call all the boys to the table when she looked out the window and saw Felix, Gryphon, and Hadrian marching toward the house, grins plastered on their faces and a small cooler in Gryph's hands.

Hustling to the back door, she opened it and stepped out onto the porch before they could disappear from sight, determined to find out what her mischievous ten-year-olds might be up to now. She really didn't think she could handle another 'frogs in the all bathrooms' incident, but the triplets weren't trying to sneak by or run away. Instead, they were headed right toward her, and the unmistakable smell of fresh fish wafted on the slight breeze.

Before she could ask, Ambrose, Bastian, and Caspian came out of the house behind her, their brows furrowed with amusement as they flanked her.

"Mom, guess what? I caught a fish! A really big trout!" Flix exclaimed, holding up his hands to demonstrate its size.