52 - Close your eyes. - Episode 7

Episode 7 Finale - Knowing the Demon

"Master, are you ready for bed?" Sebastian said, knocking on my study door. "It's late and you have a meeting with the baron tomorrow."

I kept my head down on my desk, tapping my pen impatiently on a notepad. "I'll go to bed when I want to."

There was silence for a moment before the door cracked open, and Sebastian stepped in the room.

He stepped gracefully over to my desk before standing on the other side. "Master, what's the matter? You've been sulking in here all day."

I just growled under my breath and stood, brushing off my dress before starting to the door. "I'm not sulking."

Sebastian followed behind me. "I can get you ready for bed now, if you want. I just changed your sheets and cleaned up your room. It should be nice and fresh now."

I just continued down the hall until I met my bedroom door, and I pushed it open before stepping in.

I collapsed down onto my bed, glaring at the ceiling as Sebastian closed the bedroom door behind me and stepped over, kneeling down to start taking off my shoes.

We remained silent the whole time, me just letting my anger boil over as he slipped off my socks and proceeded to unzip my dress and guide me out from it.

Afterwards, he slipped on my night shirt and gently buttoned it, making my lips thin.

But he finally leaned forward, making me close my eyes when his face was inches from mine, but he just pulled the string of my eye patch—or Ciel's eye patch—letting it come free and fall to my lap.

Sebastian pulled away then, lightly picking it up and setting it on the nightstand.

I was about to lay down, but he spoke first:

"Master, I have something for you."

I gazed down at him in question. "What?"

He just smiled. "Close your eyes."

I grumbled in protest but listened, letting my lashes fall shut as he slipped something thin and weak in my hand.

"Okay," he said then, "open them."

I parted my eyes, immediately gazing down at my hand to find a small piece of paper in it... no... a picture.

I just pulled it up and stared down at it.

My eyes widened.

"This is what I was really thinking," Sebastian said then, voice soft. "This is all I'm thinking about. I decided to print it because I felt like it would make more sense that way."

I stared down at the picture in question, eyes scanning the paper.

It was a small image of Sebastian standing in the middle of some room, but there was a pair of blue curtains behind him... although he was holding someone from under their hips, almost looking like they were sitting on his shoulder.

Me.

I blinked, tipping it to the side curiously, and I stared when the image shifted, and the person on his shoulder was now my ancestor, Ciel.

But when I turned it back, it was me again.

I blinked hazily, seeing that we were both wearing the same color in the image... a light, sky blue mixed with teal and a soft lavender... but when the image was Ciel, the outfit he wore was a long pair of pants and a large, frilly cape swarming around him. When it was me, the outfit morphed into a long, frilly dress with the same color and style. We had the same hair... the same eye color... the same eye patch.

My lashes lowered, finding Sebastian smiling at the camera with an odd emotion crossing through his face, but I wasn't completely sure what it was.

After a moment of watching the photo, Sebastian gently took it from me, making me blink when he set it on my nightstand.

He just glanced at me, smiling. "It's time for you to rest, master. You can look at it in the morning, okay?"

I nodded then, still feeling a little uneasy as laid down and Sebastian pulled the covers over me, drowning me in warmth and softness.

He just knelt beside the bed, smiling at me as I stared at him curiously.

He knew very well that I was going to demand for him to stay until I slept, and I was.

I just closed my eyes, letting the sleepiness drown through me as his demonic eyes kept themselves on my expression, but it only made me relax even more.