68 - WrOnG - Episode 10

Episode 10 Continued - It's time

I woke slowly this time, lashes parting as my entire being covered with frost.

My eyes met a soft, baked light filling the room, and I suddenly felt engulfed in warmth and softness, cradled to something so strong and tall.

I gazed up then, finding Sebastian sitting above me with me in his lap, and he was gently brushing his fingers through my hair, keeping it out of my face.

I found that I was wrapped in blankets, cradled against him, and the fireplace was on, covering the room in a soft baked light and warmth.

I looked around hazily then, brows drawing together when I found myself in my room.

Everything looked the same... the dressers, wallpaper, floors, cabinets. So... where was I, really?

Sebastian... he took my soul. Where did that take me?

Where was... here?

I gazed up at Sebastian then, finding him still brushing hair away from my face with a soft smile.

"Where am I?" I said then.

He kept the smile. "You're home."

I just blinked and shuffled a little, glancing around nervously before looking back at him. "Metaphorically or physically?"

He just chuckled. "Physically, master."

Something cold washed through me then. "Wait... I... I don't understand. You took my soul."

He shook his head.

I stared for a moment, breaths straining. "I don't understand."

"Master, don't you see?" he said then, brushing his finger under my eye. "I told you before that I don't have to take your soul when your wish is complete. I can wait however long I want. And you claimed it was a lie, but you ordered me to never lie."

I stared then, feeling my breath shake. "I don't..." I said again, "I don't understand."

"I don't want your soul anymore, my lord," he said gently, eyes softening. "Contract or not, I am bound to you forever."

I just touched my eye lightly, uncertainty rolling through me like waves. "But I can still see."

He lightly caught my wrist and lowered it back under the covers. "Because the seal is still there."

I gazed up then, brows drawing together. "Sebastian... I don't... know...."

"I re-enacted the contract when I kissed you," he explained gently, smiling. "I will remain your servant for all eternity, I protect you from harm and death, and in return, you will keep me with you, and you will vow yourself to me as I vow myself to you."

"But... what does that mean?" I said quietly.

"You will never let me leave your side, and you will never leave my side," he said then, brushing his thumb under my eye, "that's all I ask."

I breathed for a moment. "And... my wish?"

"You order me to do whatever you please," Sebastian said then, eyes softening. "If you want to go after the Overtaker, we will go after the Overtaker. But ending your vengeance will not end the contract."

I stared at him. "Then what will?"

He leaned forward, face inches from mine as I sucked in a breath. "The only thing that will null the contract, is if you stop loving me."

A tumble of shock burned through me, and I stared at him helplessly as he set his forehead against mine.

"I heard you talk with Cammie," he said then, clearly knowing I wasn't willing to pull away from this position. "She asked you if you loved me, and you didn't deny it. I just knew."

I lowered my lashes then, and I stared off into the distance.

I remember what I thought that day; how I told myself that I didn't want to love Sebastian because I didn't want to be betrayed. Especially knowing about the contract I signed with him.

But how could he betray me now?

I just set my head on his shoulder and closed my eyes, easing my own tremors as he kept his arms around me.

Bound together again... but by a whole different circumstance.

I was his now.

And he was mine.

I smiled.

That didn't mean I wasn't going to stop treating him like shit, though.

Hehehe.

"This is only the beginning," Sebastian whispered, "now we must rid of all these nuisances who wish to harm my master."