84 - Red. - Episode 13

Episode 13 Continued - Curious Kitten

I didn't know how long I'd been here, but I'd been sitting outside for a while, by a train, nonetheless.

It was an abandoned train car with no access to the inside, stuck to these tracks forever until it withered and died.

Sounds familiar, doesn't it?

It was cold, and shivers racked by body as I sat beside the train, head in my knees.

I couldn't tell if my skin was freezing from the bitter air, or if I was just so scared I couldn't control my own nerves.

I breathed shakily, watching my breath come out in clouds, vanishing into my skin, and I still felt hot tears sliding down my cheeks.

It was quiet, too quiet.

It was peaceful... but I still couldn't think straight.

All I could see was blood, my parents screaming and crying while reaching out to me while they slowly died, the twisted look on my sister's face when she slashed my eye.

Red. Everything was red.

I remained in place, still shaking heavily as my entire world shifted.

Alone... I was alone.

Was this my destiny?

But I suddenly heard footsteps.

I remained frozen in place as they got closer, and then they stopped next to me, the heels of their black, glossy shoes tapping together.

But the figure suddenly knelt down, and I felt my shoulders engulfed in warmth.

I gazed up immediately, breathing shakily when my vision focused, and I saw Sebastian kneeling beside me, adjusting the blanket more over my shoulders.

He didn't say anything, and his expression was calm with a hint of sadness.

He just set one knee on the ground and pulled me toward him, wrapping his arms around me as he tucked me neatly in his chest.

I stared helplessly at his ruffled jacket, body rattling with tremors as he embraced me, clearly trying to subside the fear a little.

He even started rubbing my arm in soothing up-and-down motions.

I closed my eyes and gave into him, burying my face in his shoulder as I continued to shake.

"Master," he said quietly, "Ciel experienced something similar... with a brand carved into his back. I told him 'you shouldn't let such things trouble you'. Mainly to give him more confidence because I didn't want his soul to weaken... but I regret saying that."

I parted my eyes as he kept rubbing my arm.

"I like weakness in you," he said then, burying his face in my hair. "It makes you softer. Your soul, softer. My soul, softer. I should've never pushed Ciel as much as I did. Especially, just so I could make his soul tastier, but at that time... I wasn't sure what I really wanted."

I stared back down at his chest, another tear slipping down my cheek.

"So I will say something different," Sebastian said then. "I will say, your scars do not make you who you are, they are what make you unique. They are a sign of your growth, your trauma, the bad parts of your life. They are a sign of how you grew to be the person you are."

"They are a curse," I whispered.

He just pulled away, lightly running his fingers under my eyes, attempting to dry the tears. "Nothing is a curse, master. Nothing that makes you, you is a curse. You are unique. You are rare. That is why I love you."

My lashes lowered then, and I gazed up at him uneasily.

He just cupped both sides of my face, running his thumbs under my eyes as I remained watching him.

But he leaned down, and I closed my eyes.

And he set his lips on mine.

I let his hands slip down the small of my back as he kissed me deeply, lightly biting my bottom lip and letting it slip out, and I gave into him in seconds.

He tasted like mint.. I'd never thought a demon tasted so fresh.

I clutched his shirt as he brought me closer, gathering my hair in his hand.

But he pulled away, separating our lips as I kept my eyes closed, breathing uneasily.

Sebastian just ran his hands down my arms, face still inches from mine. "Master, you're freezing."

I gazed up at him then, feeling numb now compared to before.

I never responded.

He just set his forehead against mine, and I closed my eyes as my breath came out in clouds, dusting his neck.

He winced as if the feeling hurt him, but something told me it was the opposite.

He was so warm. Why was he so warm?

Sebastian just pulled my arm over his shoulder, scooping me up seconds later.

I buried my face in his neck as he carried me back to camp, and I closed my eyes tightly, hoping he would never let me go.