c.17

Nolihle's Pov :

these days nje, there's alot going on, Kwenzo and I are okay, just okay..there's something that just has been eating me up and I don't know how I'm going to break it down to Kwenzo. I just have been feeling loose lately. Angishadile noKwenzo, akekho emndenini wakithi omaziyo kodwa ngilapha ngihlala naye?

Not that I want him to marry me but atleast let's tell our family members ukuthi we are an item. Today when he comes back from work I have to sit him down and talk to him.

Kwenzo is back from work and I'm so nervous. But I have do this.

He came in looking so sexy when his tie is loosened, but kufane ngizibambe. I sat on the coach waiting for him to come downstairs.

He gently placed himself besides me on the soft cushion. I took a deep breath, with my heart racing with a mix of emotions. I had been wanting to have this conversation with him for a while now, but words always seemed to get stuck in my throat.

"Kwenzo, can we talk?" I asked, My voice barely above a whisper.

Kwenzo looked at me with a hint of curiosity, but nodded nonetheless. "Sure kunenkinga mama?"

Nolihle fidgeted with her hands, her eyes cast downward. "It's just...muva nje bengizizwa nginecala,about us living together without being married."

Kwenzo's expression changed, a hint of understanding creeping into his eyes. "You're thinking about our parents, aren't you?"

I nodded, my eyes welling up with tears. "I feel like we're disrespecting them, you know? They always taught us the importance of tradition and respect for our culture. futhi lapha sihlala ndawonye, njengokungathi akukho lutho"

Kwenzo reached out and took my hand, his touch warm and comforting. " Ma'gembe we're not disrespecting anyone. We're just living our lives the way we want to. And our parents love us, they want us to be happy."

I  sniffled, feeling a lump form in my throat "kodwa kuthiwani uma bedumazeka ngathi? What if they think we're not taking our relationship seriously enough?"

Kwenzo pulled me  into a gentle hug. "Sizokhuluma nabo yezwa? We'll explain how we feel and what we want for our future. And if they still don't understand, then we'll just have to agree to disagree. But we can't let their expectations dictate our happiness,"

I just nodded, feeling a weight lift off my  shoulders. Maybe Kwenzo was right. Maybe they just needed to have faith ourselves and our love for each other.

We just cuddled together on the couch and wanted a inside out 2. I was slightly falling asleep. "I love you ma'gembe" he said leaving a wet kiss on my forehead.

*I think I like this little life. ❤️📍🙈