🚔Roger cop🚔

Today is Parents Career Day and my parents weren't showing up

Today is Parents Career Day and my parents weren't showing up. I can't really blame them... but it would have been nice... I guess.

I walked up the stairs towards the class only to see Adrien by the door on the phone, with a solemn look.

"Hi father it's me. It's parents' career day at school, remember? I was hoping that you were going to show up. Call me back," he sighs before I walk over to him.

"I guess we are sailing the same boat then," I joke trying to lighten up the mood, to which he finally notices me.

"Emelie," I walk over to him with a smile. I place my hand on his shoulder comfortingly.

"Everything would be okay," I say softly getting a soft smile from him.

"Yeah," he says before he places his hand on mine resting on his shoulder and squeezes it.

We both walk into the class with everyone applauding Marinette and her father at the front. Adrien takes his seat while I walk over to the back and sit with Nathaniel, giving him a soft smile.

"Marinette will come around and pass out some croissants baked fresh this morning," Tom says.

"Thank you, Mr. Dupain," Miss Bustier says gratefully "Now let's meet Alya's mom, who is head chef at the Grand Paris hotel owned by our mayor, Mr. Bourgeois," Miss Bustier says to which Alya and her mom walk up to the front.

I notice Marinette looking at Adrien sadly. Ever since the Mr. Pigeon incident... I don't know if it's my imagination but there has been this slight tension between us.

I noticed Nathaniel drawing something on the new sketchpad I got him, so I moved closer to him to get a good look at what he was drawing.

"Unfortunately, I have dishes to share. But maybe Mr. Bourgeois will invite you all to the hotel and treat you to lunch!" Alya's mom says suggestively, as the mayor looks confused when everyone starts clapping.

Marinette trips making her, and all the croissants fall on the ground.

"Geez, is there a day when you're not tripping over something?"

I get up from my seat to help her "Hope you didn't get hurt? Here let me help. I'll hold the tray while you place the croissants back on it," I say with a smile.

"Thanks, Emelie." She says with a grateful smile.

"Next on the list is Sabrina's father. A policeman. Officer Roger!" Miss Bustier says as Sabrina and her dad walk up to the front of the class.

"I've been a police officer for 15 years, and I firmly believe that every citizen is innocent until proven guilty!" He states proudly.

"My bracelet! It's gone!" Chloe gasped, holding a box as Marinette placed the last croissant on the tray I was holding "I had it a second ago!" She turned around to glare at Marinette "You! You stole it!" she said pointing her finger at her.