Prelude To A New Adventure:

"This is gonna be our best stunt yet!". Eddie the possum proclaimed proudly, looking out over the vast, snowy landscape of Herd Valley.

"You guys better not be doing anything stupid up there!". Ellie the mammoth called out from somewhere down below.

"Don't worry sis!". Eddie called back as his twin brother Crash finally joined him atop the cliff they'd been exploring for the better part of the afternoon.

Crash gulped as he stared in the direction Eddie was facing. "What are we doing up here again?".

"Pull the branch back and shoot me into that frozen spot up ahead!". Eddie explained as he tied his tail around the base of a flimsy tree branch.

Crash sighed but pulled back the branch as requested. "Maybe we shouldn't do this".

The blue eyed possum was clearly thinking back to the time he had Manny do the very same thing to him all those years ago in an attempt to stop the mammoth from flirting with their adoptive sister Ellie.

Eddie unraveled his tail from around the branch and laid a surprisingly gentle paw on his twin's shoulder. "I'll be okay, I promise".

Crash nodded silently, gripping the branch between his paws and pulled it back until the tip touched the snowy ground.

"Fire!". Eddie yelled dramatically, a crazy smile plastered on his face.

Crash did so and winced as his brother flew through the air, eventually landing a few inches away from his desired base point with a thud.

Crash let out a terrified yelp and ran to his brother's side. "Ed! Eddie you okay?".

Eddie popped up abruptly, pumping his fists in the air with a smirk. "That was awesome!".

Crash was about to scold his brother when the ice suddenly gave out from underneath them, sending them into a dark chasm as they landed on sandy, solid ground.

Eddie was about to step forward until Crash quickly held him back, "Woah". he gulped, seeing the dark pit he had nearly fallen into.

Crash made sure Eddie was safely pressed against the rock wall before looking out across the other side of the chasm, bright light shining on the other end.

"Ed, I think that's the lost world". Crash breathed with amazement.

Eddie looked down sheepishly, scuffing his foot into the dirt.

"Ed, What's wrong?". Crash asked, picking up on his brother's odd behavior.

Eddie simply shook his head, staring even deeper into the ground like he wished it would open and swallow him whole.

"You've been back here, haven't you?". Crash asked sternly, lifting his brother's chin to make him look up.

Eddie couldn't reply since the light filtering in through the ice hole dimmed dramatically. "I think we have a problem". He pointed out fearfully.

"Uh oh". Crash mumbled in horror before nimbly hoisting himself along the rock wall and reaching the top again.

The possum strained as he tried to push up against whatever was obstructing the entryway before hopping back down in defeat. "It's no use, we're stuck".

The twins sighed in unison and plopped down next to each other. "Now what?". Eddie asked quietly.

Crash surveyed the area once again and his eyes lit up as he spotted a vine hanging right where the old skeleton bridge used to be.

"C'mon, this way!". Crash said, leading his brother towards the edge of the chasm and ever so carefully retrieving the vine.

Eddie had just wrapped himself around the vine as a sinister growl echoed from somewhere in the shadows.

The twins yelled out in terror as two skinny looking dinosaurs with horns protruding from their snout and back leapt out from the darkness, lunging at the possums.

Crash looked around and saw a narrow pathway that could take them across to the other side of the gorge.

The blue eyed possum shoved his brother towards the pathway as he turned back towards the snarling raptors. "Ed go find Buck, I'll distract these guys!".

Eddie looked at his twin incredulously. "You're crazy! I am not gonna leave you behind!".

Crash opened his mouth to argue as a blur of red and blue flew towards them and grabbed them between their talons and flew across the chasm.

The older possum broke out into a grin as he saw their savior. "Roger!".

Roger was a Dino bird who had lived down in the Lost World with his father Gavin and older sister Gertie until an asteroid hit a few years ago, causing the Dinos to try and stop the herd from diverting it.

It was only when Roger courageously stood up to his father that all three of the Dino birds joined the herd in successfully stopping the asteroid from causing any severe damage.

"Hey Roger! how have you been?". Eddie asked, smiling at their prehistoric friend.

"Good as you can be when you got a crazy one eyed weasel making you act as his chauffeur". Roger joked.

"You've been hanging out with Buck?". Crash asked excitedly.

Roger nodded. "Yeah he's right -". the Dino - bird looked behind him confusedly, "Well he was right behind me".

Crash and Eddie shared a look, knowing just how hyperactive and unpredictable the adventurous weasel was.

Roger turned back and shrugged. "He'll catch up, What are you guys doing down here?".

"We fell through the ice and now something is blocking the entrance". Eddie explained.

"I guess you'll be staying with Buck and I for the time being". Roger replied casually.

"Are you sure he'll be okay with that?. Crash asked as he gave Eddie a side glare.

Roger waved his wing. "He'll be excited to see you both, fair warning, he's got a lot going on right now".

Crash nodded as footsteps padded behind him. "Buck!".

The kindly one eyed weasel hugged both possums tightly but drew back with a frown. "Eddie, haven't I told you to stop coming here?".

Crash raised a stern brow as Eddie jumped to defend himself. "We fell through a hole in the ice and the entrance got blocked off!".

"Roger said you were busy, what's going on?". Crash asked in concern.

"Nothing I can't handle". Buck replied, waving a dismissive paw.

Crash opened his mouth to reply until loud, taunting clapping could be heard coming from behind Buck.