chapter twenty nine

"Damon?."

Alessia looked around to the dim light area. She was in the tomb Emily put her in. Someone found her.

"You've been here the whole time?." Damon asks as he caress is her face.

Alessia instantly slapped away his hand as she crawled out of his touch, her back to the went flat against the sarcophagus she was in. "What gives you the right to touch me?." She curled her lip in anger.

Alessia's eyes finally went to Elena but in her mind she thinks it's Katherine. "Alessia, what are you talking about you lead Elena here." Damon tried to reach for her again. All Alessia could see was red. She gripped Damon's wrist as her eyes flashed the neon orange of her magic.

She head butted Damon hard causing him to groan in pain as he gripped his forehead leaning against the wall. Elena tried to be quick about the tea but Alessia was quicker. "And he brought my sister of all people?." Alessia scoffs as she's on her feet now.

"Alessia it's me, Elena remember?." Elena tried to reason with her having the tea opened up in her hand. She was trying to think of a fast way to get this down her throat without getting hurt.

"Elena? Is that what we're going for now?." Alessia laughs. When Alessia went to use her magic and lunge at Elena when Damon wraps his arms underneath her arms and locks his hands together behind her head.

"Now, Elena whatever you're doing here." Damon grunts as Alessia fights against him. Elena shakes her head fast putting the thermos to Alessia's lips as Alessia tries to move her mouth away from the liquid it was no use with Damon's strength.

Alessia felt the tea enter her mouth it tasted of blueberries and mint until she felt herself swallowing it. Elena was having her take big gulps of it. When she pulls the thermos away she sees Alessia's eyes cross then passes out in Damon's hold. "What did you do?." Damon asks panicked.

"It's tea to help her remember everything from the astral projection spell." Elena says confidently holding up the thermos. "Courtesy of Bonnie's grandma." She narrows her eyes at Damon. "Feel like an ass not trusting her now?."

Damon rolls his eyes picking up Alessia bridal style once again. "I'll feel better when I find Katherine." He moves past Elena then turns to look at her. "Actually you take Alessia." He steps back to Elena. "What? That's dead weight." Elena scoffs. "You'll be fine." Damon hands off Alessia into Elena's arms.

Surprisingly Alessia wasn't that heavy. It probably doesn't help that she's been down here for a century without food or water. Damon picks up the torch again. "Go on, take her back up I'll be there in a minute." Elena gives Damon a look. "What?." He asks irritated. "I need a light to see down here." Elena says.

Damon rolls his eyes pulling the flashlight from his pocket laying it in Alessia's lap. "You're welcome." He smiles sarcastically moving away from them going to find Katherine.

Elena huffs out of annoyance when she grabs the flashlight flicking it on and seeing the vampires that are desiccated on the floor. "I think I prefer the darkness now."

Elena makes her way quickly with Alessia as fast she could to where Sheila and Bonnie were back up the stairs.

Bonnie at the top outside of the tomb could hear footsteps as her heart pounded in her chest. Sheila grabbed her hand as they both braced for what was coming out of the tomb.

Bonnie saw it was Elena then Alessia in her arms. "Oh my God." Bonnie instantly went for Elena helping her. "You found her." Bonnie smiles with relief. "Yeah, after she head butted Damon." Elena chuckles. "I got the tea in her system and she passed out." She looks at Sheila. "That means it's working and fast." Sheila says with a nod.