Chapter 9: Mara Margarita

"The sky...." Mariah mumbled.

The elegant albino knight fleeted from her post in graceful prance and gawked at the bleeding heavens.

"Hm." Charlotte glared at Anders whose reaction was one not filled with worry, but with lazy wonder. He'd yet to get up from his post, and was instead stroking his beard and gazing at the sky.

"Ahem I'm afraid our little game has come to an end. A premature predicament. The edith's stone has somehow been compromised and so the field is overrun with Mara." sighed Charlotte

"Ah my lady, but I was patiently waiting for an opponent." With demented gaze, the dwarf stared at his hand, which grew red from a rash.

"Perhaps....."

He slowly scraped the palm of his right hand with the nail of his left index finger, a sharp and formidable weapon. As blood oozed out of his cut, his nails transformed into glassy jet black blades.

"A duel is in order..."

Miniscule shards of obsidian swiftly disembarked from his fingers, and soared toward Mariah with incredible speed.

"You're strange yuh know." dismissed Mariah as she plucked his crystalline nails from her arm.

"None of that rubbish shall be necessary!"

Charlotte's eyes bulged momentarily as her gaze drifted behind the Knights.

"Right." she smirked

"You two can extinguish that Mara over there instead. Be as flashy as you can."

She pointed at a floating ebony sphere of sludge, a mass of rippling enigma with protrusions akin to lotus leaves and buds.

Pearl Mara

Charlotte slumped in her chair and rolled her eyes. "The other Charlotte's already had her fill in entertainment."

"Blimey!" Anders smiled.

"Surely it's an abnormal"

"Mmm...I've come across these a couple of times. A type of abnormal Mara that has an increasing spawn frequency." Mariah stepped back.

The floating behemoth inched toward them, leaking bountiful drops of turbid sludge and casting an impressive shadow.

The floating behemoth inched toward them, leaking bountiful drops of  turbid sludge and casting an impressive shadow