Chapter 8: Secret

Simon's P.O.V

Twenty minutes before Alvin and Simon went down to go talk to Jeanette..

My name is Simon Seville, and i have a huge secret. But that isn't important, well for now.

I sat down in the living room, trying to read my science book since we had an exam next week. I sadly couldn't because of all the ruckus Alvin made.

"Simon, come ON. You have to tell me why Jeanette wasn't hanging out with you this morning!"

I rolled my eyes. Even i didn't know why. A feeling deep inside of me told me that it was because of how i told everyone about my first kiss on movie night. She did look pretty sad and did not talk to me after that.

"Wait. I have a hypothesis."

"English, please." My younger brother pleaded.

"I think i know why Jeanette is avoiding me recently."

"Well?? SPIT IT OUT!!"

"Maybe, it is because of my story about my intimacy with another girl at the same science camp me and Jeanette will go to in four days."

"Well, mister~ i SUPPOSE.. heh i really improved on my vocabulary. As i was saying, i suppose Jeanette is jealous!"

"Nonsense. Why would she be Jealous?"

"Because she likes you dumbass. You have glasses don't you? You can't be blind with glasses."

Suddenly, it came to me. Alvin was right. She has been sending me mixed signals for as long as i can remember. And to be honest, i never felt like this for someone, not even for my first kiss. Jeanette just gets me. We get each other. We hang out so much that i guess i fell in love with her in the process. Am i.. reciprocating her feelings? Or are we just best friends?

"Alvin," i stated while getting up. "I need to go talk to her."

"Woah lover boy, so soon?"

"Yes, i'm going to the treehouse. Bye." I headed towards the door.

"Wait for me!" Alvin said before following me.

We both walked to the Chipettes treehouse. I was so nervous but i really needed to talk to Jeanette if i wanted our relationship to be like before. Finally we arrived at the doorstep. My brother put a hand on my shoulder "I can knock if you want." I nodded and Alvin knocked on the door. Brittany opened up looking really suspicious. I guess she knows why Jeanette's mad.. My brother and Brittany started arguing like usual then she called Jeanette. When Jean came, she looked at me weirdly. I don't think she was very happy to see me. Her nose was reddish and her eyes looked tired, these symptoms show that she cried a few minutes ago. Did she cry because of me? "H..Hi Jeanette.. Can we talk?" I asked her in the most polite way possible. "Oh.. H-Hi." She replied, not looking at me. The nerdy Chipette in front of me nodded then followed me as we went down the stairs. I paused then i turned around to look at her "Why have you been ignoring me so much?" Finally, her gaze met mine and we stared at each other for a second. "Do you like me Jeanette?" i asked fiercely. She became as red as a tomato, i guess that was my answer. "Just because my first kiss was Lily does not mean i don't like you."  She looked at our hands interlinked, then at me. We smiled at each other warmly..  I pushed a strand of her chocolate hair from her face and stroke her cheek. We then heard crying then quickly turned around to see.. Brittany and Eleanor? Jeanette looked really worried so i grabbed her arm and we ran towards her sisters. "Britt what happened?" Jeanette and I asked Brittany. "Your brother, your brother was what happened." Eleanor replied in her place, her arm was over Brittany's shoulder. "What did Alvin do again?" i asked, already mad at him since he made my best friend cry. Me and Brittany are besties. We helped each other with all of our crushes and we gossip alot about our siblings together. She helps me prank Alvin and i help her annoy him. "Let's go to the treehouse I'll explain."
Ellie mumbled before me and Jeanette followed them.
After we arrived we went into the living room and we sat down. "Alvin ruined Britt's date!" Eleanor shouted. My jaw dropped. He was that cruel? Seriously? Welp, my brother strikes again. Eleanor tapped on Jeanettes shoulder and told her "Let's go get her some snacks." she then looked at me and said "Simon just stay with her meanwhile we'll go to Dave's house."

Britt's sisters left and i just found myself sitting next to her on the sofa. "D-do you want to go to your room?" I asked her, putting a hand on her shoulder. I know Brittany, she acts tough but under her tough shell she is a sensitive person.. and in these times she can be very vulnerable. She looked at me, sniffed then nodded. We got up and i followed her into her and her sister's bedroom. The blonde chipette before me layed down in her bed and i figured i should sit down next to her.. I was sitting on the edge of her pink covered bed, facing her. She turned to look at me , a tear fell down her cheek. I immediately wiped it.

"Alvin's a jerk." She blurted out.

"I know."

"How are you his brother? You're too sweet to even be related to him.. you're smart and nice and.. caring.."

I chuckled then blushed a bit "You flatter me, Britt."

"I totally understand why Jean likes you.." she said before putting both of her hands on her face.

"She likes me?"

"You do like her too, don't you?"

"I guess..."

"What?"

"There's someone else that's been on my mind for a while." I gulped.

"Eleanor?"

"W-what? No, Britt.."

She stared at me confused then sat upright.. Finally, i see that a spark of realization came to her.

"M.. Me?" She stuttered.

There goes my big secret. Told you it was gonna be important.

I looked away then nodded slowly.
I've always had something for Britt, but i couldn't admit it can i? For some reason i liked Jeanette too.. but for Britt, i knew Alvin liked her ever since we were kids. I just couldn't get why he hurt her this bad.. i need to comfort her in any way possible.. finally, i sighed "It's okay if you don't feel the same-" I was cut off by her leaning in, almost kissing me but then she quickly pulled away. "Oh my god i am so sorry. I don't know what i was thinking.." I stared at her in shock. I thought, if this took her mind off of things, why not kiss her? As i was preparing to lean in, i heard Eleanor and Jeanette come in.
"GUYS WERE HERE!!" Eleanor screamed.
Me and Brittany quickly distanced ourselves. Our cheeks were as red as Alvin's cap.

A/N
GUYS THIS WILL NOT BE A BRIMON STORY!!
I just wanted to heat things up..😭