Chapter 12: Whispering Hearts

"Wasn't it obvious ?"

It was at that moment that Alvin realised why he butted in everything Brittany did that didn't concern him. In that very moment he realized why he sought her attention all the time, why he pestered her at the tree house, why he kept looking at her, in her bra, why he thought that she was mesmerizing in her dress, why he kissed her and why he felt like he had a knot in his chest every time he spoke with her. Finally, he knew. He had feelings for her that he would've never admitted, well not until today. One thing is that he would have never thought that she reciprocated those sentiments. And another is that he would be the one who usually confessed first, not the girl, he felt a bit.. underachieving.

He had to do something to show her that he did feel the same way. His fingers trailed over to hers, before finally catching her hand and interlocking into his.

He also did something he didn't do usually, ask for consent "C..Can i kiss you?" he stuttered, shyly, something he never was either. His cheeks turned as red as his sweater so he turned around quickly before Brittany took a glance at him.

Her eyes widened at the sound of it. Alvin Seville, who assumed that their first kiss was a mistake wanted to do it again? She felt like a bunch of butterflies unleashed inside her stomach, blushed until we couldn't determine if it was her makeup or her real skin. The strawberry blonde looked at her hand holding his and then she locked her gaze onto his. A million thoughts spiralled in her mind. Finally , she was ready to give her love an answer.

Suddenly a bunch of "oohs" were heard behind them.

"SEE!" an energetic voice exclaimed, "I knew it!"

Brittany and Alvin froze, almost instantly recognizing that voice, whose words were what they were running away from. As they turned around they saw their siblings, giggling at them with an expression on their faces probably one that was saying that they "knew it". Eleanor was pointing at them which made them know that she was the one who screamed that phrase.

"So you guys did have something to hide!" Theodore laughed. "It was obvious tho."

Alvin gripped his girl's hand tighter. "W-Wait what? What do you mean?"

"Come on guys, you're always fighting with each other then you switch up quickly. Not to mention that time you thought that Brittany was a body snatcher.. and Family day-" replied Simon, with a chuckle signifying that he knew all along about their feelings towards each other. And talking about Family day when Alvin started kissing Brittany everywhere.

"OKAY, you can stop there." his younger brother replied.

"So are you guys boyfriend and girlfriend?~" Eleanor teased them in a sing song tone.

Brittany grunted "Well, if you could leave us alone for a few minutes, we would decide that."

"Alright, guys lets leave them.." Jeanette giggled.

All of their siblings finally went back to the cafeteria, leaving a few laughs behind them.

"So.. about that kiss.." the blonde Chipette smiled.

Alvin smiled with his usual smirk and leaned in forward to finally finish what he started.

That kiss felt even better than the first. Even tho they did have a lot of "accidental kisses" in the past, these two ones didn't feel like an accident. They were both filled with so much emotion, so much passion and love. Finally after resisting all these years, the two chipmunks released their love into each other with just a pure simple kiss.