10. Really?

" I wasn't expecting to see you home so early after you left me alone at the pub to go, God, knows where" Melissa's annoyed tone reach my sorry ass the moment I walk through the door and as my eyes scan the room looking for her the light of the living room spoils me her whereabouts. " Sorry?" I mime once I reach the framed arch that split the entrance from the living room so that Mel can have a clear view of my messy state.

" Yeah right...Sorry" Even if she tries to look mad, the smile hiding beneath her pouty lips gives her away and the moment I reach the sofa, already shoeless, a glass of wine is already waiting for me.

" So..." Taking a sip from her glass, Mel studies my face intensively. The look she gives me is torn between worried and anxious which gives away what she is thinking. " Yes...Angel texted me too. You don't need to tiptoe around it, Mel...I'm fine."

"Are you? Because you did run away in the middle of our girl night..."

"Technically I didn't run away...In fact, I didn't leave the premises...But regarding Elijah, I've only found that out on my way home." Grabbing the glass I slowly take a sip of wine and the moment the sweetness of it reaches my lips, my brain goes miles away, thinking of where I've already tasted such sweetness. God Autumn, you have such a dirty mind.

"Are you telling me that you had no emergency?"

" Oh no...I did have an emergency, a very big one too!" Catching my smirk we both burst into a laugh and we both know that there is no need to investigate the matter further. There is a reason after all if she is my best friend.

" Gosh...you are just impossible! How you two are going to work together? It looks to me that the both of you find it quite difficult to don't behave like rabbits in heat..."

" Well...we're gonna definitely need to work on that. Honestly though...I haven't felt so alive in years!"

"Right...which brings me to the next question, are you fine for real?" Biting my bottom lip right after taking another sip of wine I nod silently at Mel, whose eyes are fixed on me. I can feel her brain thinking hard and her thought are almost as scared as mine.

" I am. I mean...I don't know what I would do if I saw him right now but I know that I wouldn't feel anything for him. I mean, of course, something is still hidden deep inside of me...after all, we did share ...something."

" He was your first boyfriend Lyn...your school sweetheart. He got the best out of you...took it, and disappeared into thin air. Is just normal for you to be angry at him. You've swallowed your feeling for soo long..."

" I didn't Mel. I was broken for over two years...I had to move away in order to get along with my life." I can feel the corner of my lips tremble as I speak but is not for sadness, is just pure anger. Taking a sip of wine I let out a loud sight. I wish - once again in my life- that I could feel nothing towards him. Yet, 5 years later, is still not the case.

" I know honey..And you came back stronger" Running her hand along my shoulder Mel forces me to look into her eyes, the safest space I have left. " All I am saying is...it's ok if you are still mad at him. We talked about it ...you deserve closure. You deserve to tell him everything that he didn't give you the chance to say."

"Would it matter? I don't want him to think that he still has something on me...because he doesn't. "

"Of course not. But he deserves to know what he lost. He deserves to see what woman you have become without him...Oh, I'm sure he is gonna regret it for life."

I really wished I could have taken you home.- A

The message flashing on my phone distracts me completely from Mel's words and she sees that right away " Bossman?" She asks curving her brow.

" Yup. " I quickly answer typing a replay faster than I can.

You can always pop by - Aa

Are you inviting me over, Autumn? - Ad

What if I was?-Aa

I would have to kill my brother because he would prevent me to stay with you twice in one night. -Ad

Another time, perhaps - A

See you at work - Ad

ADEN POV

"Honestly, what's the fucking problem with you??? I told you to stay home!"

"Fuck off Aden...you are not my father or mother for that matter and I'm not 10 anymore!" The smell of alcohol drenching his clothes is so strong that my nostrils are burning as I walk side by side with him.

"Are you sure? Because sure as hell it looks like that! Leaving your son alone once again to go and get drunk? Only to be kicked out because suddenly you decided to punch a random guy?"

" He wasn't a random guy...And I thought I saw someone worth the trouble." Running a hand through his hair Elijah turns in my direction. For the first time in so long, a sparkle of emotions brightens up his eyes. I can't really tell what he is feeling - one because he is drunk, two because I'm furious, but I can sense a feeling of guilt coming from him.

"Have you ever been in love, big brother? Because I'm telling you...Love makes you do stupid things."

" Right, so you were in love with the girl in there, so you decided to punch a guy?"

"Nah...I thought I saw the woman I loved."

"Seline?"

"Mphf. That bitch is just the cause of my miserable life...Nope. I thought I saw Evelyn."

"Is in it the girl you left behind to run away with Seline?"

"Yup.."

"And you are telling me you love her?"

"Yup..."

"Well, brother...I think you are completely fucked up. Let's go home" Unable to take him on my motorbike, I force Elijah to sit at the bust stop bench and wait for a cab, I take the chance to text Autumn. I so much rather be deep inside her right now than here, with this mess.

I really wished I could have taken you home.- A

You can always pop by - Aa

Are you inviting me over, Autumn? - Ad

What if I was?-Aa

I would have to kill my brother because he would prevent me to stay with you twice in one night. -Ad

Another time, perhaps - A

See you at work - Ad

"Uuuu someone looks grumpy" Looking and my frowned expression Elijah almost mock me forcing me to frown even more. " What's gotten up to your ass?"

"You, asshole. I was having a great time before you decided to cockblock me!"

"Aden has a woman?"

"Shut up. None of your business"

"She must be special to have you like that...no woman as ever had any kind of power on you." He might be drunk, but for once, I have to agree with him. Who are you Autumn, and why do you have so much power over me?