4. Who are you?

4. WHO'S THAT GIRL?

Stranger P.O.V

Jetlag and I have never been friends, and indeed travelling with a child doesn't help. Don't get me wrong, Noah is a great kid, is his father who is a pain in the ass, my younger brother. Since he decided to move back, my life has been shuttered in a thousand pieces because in this family, my family, everything that little bastard says we do. What do I gain? Nothing, just a new company to take care of.

My father - a billionaire and, now, single man - moved to London 15 years ago with his second wife, who just recently died, and since then he has been investing in the health sector. His latest "investment" if you can really call it like that, is a private clinic for people who can't really afford much in private care or health care in general. This is something that I admire, he doesn't do it for money, but because he cares, he really cares, and now I do too. That's why I became a doctor. Anyway, the truth is that Violet, his second wife and mother of my ass of a brother, was a wonderful human being and she put some good in my father too. Unfortunately, there is not enough in her son.

I know, the word "private clinic" sounds tricky, which it is. But to be admitted into this one, you need to have a meagre income. Anyway, the reason I'm so bitter is just that he is forcing us to go to this masked ball - kind of staff party/ fundraising - think, and I'm really not in the mood which is also thanks to my brother, who has been acting even weirder than usual.

London never did him any good, the only good thing was his girlfriend before he fucked that up too.

" Noah, what's your father doing?" I have to get on my knee to sign for Noah; born deaf, he can't talk or hear us, so, by default, we all learned his language, which is quite extraordinary. He is such a sweet little thing, and sometimes, I'm glad he can't hear because his father gets the worst out of me.

" Sleeping." Oh, the innocence of a child, what a lovely thing.

"Alone?" His mother left both of them a few years ago. Apparently raising a deaf child was too much, since then, my little brother has been a complete idiot. " Noah, you can tell me..."

" He is with Lara." Of course, he is with Lara, the babysitter that we just hired, why would that ever be a problem?

"Shall we go to the park then? I'm sure there is a beautiful park not far from here."

" Yes!" Is so easy to make them happy, sometimes I wonder what it would feel like to have a child even though, honestly, I'm not a family kind of man. No, I like women and sex too much.

" YOU BETTER BE READY WHEN WE COME BACK!" I shout loud enough for my brother to hear passing through his door and, taking Noah's hand we both walk out of the house or, better, we all do: me, Noah and his teddy bear.

Later that day - Ball

I think to have met more people in thirty minutes of being here than in my entire life, and I tell you, if it weren't for the free alcohol moving around I probably would have already looked for the nearest fire exit. Of course, alcohol isn't the only reason why I'm still here.

" Aden? Did you hear a single word of what I've just said?" Putting on the best smile I have I turn in my father's direction, showing him my bright white teeth. Thanks to the big black mask I'm wearing, he can't see my expression and since he is the only one without a mask, I can see how truly annoyed he is.

" Yes, father. And to answer your question, I have no idea where your son is. I went to the park with Noah and when we came back, he wasn't at home."

" Right. Three days in town as he is already missing."

" You know him. He is the only person he cares about." My eyes have scanned this room entirely a few times already in search of a distraction, and nothing so far seems to do that—nothing, except for her. Long waves of ash blond hair bouncing on her milky skin; legs to go for days, which seems to be playing a weird game of hiding and seek beneath the smooth layer of silk that -flawlessly- follow her every single move, non-restoring my mind from thinking what's hidden under. Her back - bare and I bet, smooth - is perfect too and also shows me that she isn't wearing a bra, I wonder what else is not there. " Excuse me" She's got my attention even before her eyes caught mine.

Walking away from my father and his friend, I move across the crowd of people scattered around the bar, I swear she was there just a second ago but now she is not. Looking around, I see the tail of her dress disappearing out on the balcony, and, if it weren't for the fact that she turned to look behind - I would have probably missed her. I just hope she is as good as she looks because my balls are in desperate need of a release.

" May I?" Holding my glass in between my fingers, I walk closer to the girl, now standing at the rail of the balcony. The scent that the breeze sends my way is intriguing, almost intoxicating and the way my sex twitch in my trousers tells me that she may be the lucky one tonight." New around here?"

Mh. I like her voice. Is not high pitched and annoying as every woman I've met. Her voice is more silky and low, almost hoarse, I would say, which makes me wonder how would her voice sound while I'm pounding her. Would it sound so hoarse, too?

" You can say that, even though I've just been away for a while. What about you?"

" Landed a few days ago."

" I see." The looks she gives me as she purposely licks her lips it's enough to make my blood boils inside my vein. I guess we are on the same page here. " Do you know Mr Trevor already I assume?"

" You can say that...but this isn't the reason why we are out there, am I right?"

" And why are we here?"

" I can see it in your eyes. You want me just as much as I want you "

" Or maybe that's what you want to believe" The way she whispers those words against my ear - poisonous and tempting - makes the dark side of me slip away but before I can reach for her she is already gone. Not for long.

" Already hunting?" I don't even need to turn to see who is talking to me, his voice is annoying enough.

" Nice for you to show up. Father was looking for you."

" Really? Why, isn't his favourite son here already?"

" Fuck off Elijah, will you?" Walking past him I follow her scent. Chasing is one of my favourite games and she just happens to be the best prey around.