11. Work (?)

AUTUMN POV.

The weekend went by faster than I could have imagined. Melissa's mother was in town and unexpectedly she paid a visit to he daughter, turning our weekend into a living nightmare.

" I wish I got to see some action this weekend...Instead, I had to spend it with that bitch"

Things between Mel and her parents have never been great and once her father passed a few years ago, the relationship with her mother which was already bad, become almost inexistent. " We had.." I point out, smoothing my dress.

" Right. Thank god you were there...otherwise only God knows what I would have done."

Hiding her face between her hands as her body slowly disappear between the crack of my puffed sofa, Mel let out a loud sigh before turning her gaze to me as I walk in her direction.

"Oh I can imagine that just fine. But look at the bright side, Mel...Thanks to our shitty families, we found each other!"

"Arghh that's honestly the only good thing about it...apart from the fact that we got to spend our lives with our Nanas" Mel and I both grew up with our grandmothers. The two of them - our Nanas as we called them- were neighbours and very good friends with awful daughters. While her parents were honestly horrible people who chose their lives and careers over their daughters, my parents got into some troubles and terrible addictions that took their lives when I was still young. That's how Mel and I met, that's also why we grew so attached over the years.

"Yes...which reminds me, I need to come and see Nana Betty...otherwise, I think she might kill me!"

"Oh yes, she will. I swear that woman scares the shit out of me even now that she is almost ...80!"

" I bet she does. My Nan could kill me just with a stare..." Shaking my head at the memories, I give Mel a quick smile and, walking towards my desk, I stand right behind it, looking at my reflection in the mirror one the beside the wall.

" Yea..that because she couldn't talk! Imagine if she could!" Standing up from the sofa while grabbing her cup of coffee from the table across from her, I meet Mel's eyes in the mirror as her steps move closer. " Awww I'm gonna start to go I have a few papers to finish and I really don't want to stay late tonight."

"Yeah same here.... But I need another coffee before my first client comes in"

"Yeah...Make sure you don't cross paths with Mystery-notanymoremystery-man...I wouldn't want you to be late for your appointment!"

"Arrrrgh I know I shouldn't have told you!"

"Yeah yeah...but you know is true!"

"Go before I kill you" Shaking my head at Mel as she walks away, I sigh knowing that indeed she is right. All I wished for this weekend were Aden's hand all over my body and I would be lying if I said I haven't wished to casually meet him today. In fact, I have been very excited to come in today.

ADEN POV.

" Elijah, I'm taking Noah to school but remember to pick him up at 4, ok? He has to be at the clinic at 4.30 sharp."

" Shh, speak low. My head is killing me" Hiding his face beneath the pillow, Elijah gives me, as usual, his ass attitude. I swear sometimes the thought of killing him comes in my vision very vividly.

" I honestly don't give a fuck about your head. 4 pm school. 4.30 clinic. Be on time" Slamming his bedroom door, I smirk at the sound of a muffled curse coming from him. Once again, he got himself drunk and I'm here collecting the pieces.

" I'm ready!" Noah signed to me the moment I walk into his room. The big smiles he gives me is enough to make my mood change. " Is Dada not coming?" The hope in his eyes however makes my heartbreak in tiny pieces because once again, my answer is the same. " No, he doesn't feel well. But he will pick you up ok?"

He nods at me with a faded smile before quickly grabbing his school bag. I swear, to be so young and Elijah's son, Noah is an extremely organised and tidy kid. " Let's go then" I really hope his father is gonna grow up before is too late.

"An oat milk flat white, please. One sugar" I don't need to see her face to know who is standing right in front of me. The tight black dress engulfing her form perfectly is giving me the best view of her perfect ass. So round and firm that I could only dream about something so perfect. Yet here it is, only a touch away, almost screaming my name.

" An americano, no milk please." I'm only a few steps away from the woman in front of me the moment she recognises my voice. And watching as her body tense because of that makes my cock twitch in my pants almost instantly. " Good Morning" I whisper the words leaning in her direction. From this distance, I can almost taste the sweet scent of her skin, which is intoxicating my sense already.

"I don't think that being so close is a good idea, Mr Trevor." With the same confidence that she hasn't dropped since the day we met, Autumn speaks to me without turning in my direction. " Mh. And why is that...Miss Devilin?" I ask letting one of my hands reach her body, only to brush her side, lightly.

" Someone could see us..." The way her teeth trap her bottom lips makes me curse beneath my breath. I've been wanting to taste her lips for far too long, but she has never allowed me to. It never bothered me before, no kissing has been my best rule for a while, yet her lips are too tempting.

" And it would be a problem why?" I ask, letting my warm breath tickle her skin while my eyes study every single move of her delicious body.

" They could misunderstand." She says before taking her cup of coffee from the counter.

" I'll pay for that" I reach over the counter, intentionally pressing my body against her back. " Thanks" I nod politely to the guy, before pulling back. By the breath she release, I'm sure she felt the same heat I did.

" Meet me in my office." I demand before she can run away. " 9th floor." She confirms, walking past me. I still have one hour left before starting to work and I'm committed to make the most out of it.