⁰⁰⁸ || ʰᵒᵉ ᵃˢˢ

◢▅◣Ξ◥▅◤Ξ◢▅◣Ξ◥▅◤

◢▅◣Ξ◥▅◤Ξ◢▅◣Ξ◥▅◤

The final dirt pile was combined with the larger dirt pile you swept up. Soon you swept the remaining dirt pile onto a large piece of cloth. Placing the broom aside, you folded the white cloth up preventing the dirt and dust from spilling out.

Walking over towards the window, you released the dirt both holding onto the two corners of beige cloth. The dirt and dust fell towards the ground before a wind came by carrying some of it off into the night.

It's been two weeks since what happened back at the red light district. Two weeks of peace, resting your legs and living a life without having to go on patrol, and hope you never crossed paths with a demon stronger than you. Which was nearly all of them.

Sometimes you wonder, how Tadashi was doing. No doubt, he reached the kill amount to become a Hashira.

"You sigh a lot", a melancholy voice commented causing you to whip around.

Sitting not far away from you a crisscross formation was a demon. With blue eyes, he observed you, in his iris was his written rank number four. He had the same dark, shoulder-length, shaggy hair as the demons you first slept with. Two small dual white horns peeked up from his hair. A tall spear leaned against the front of the shoulder with a silver spearhead.

"Don't..or I'll destroy this place", he said no hostility or malignant in his tone. You stopped your hand from inching towards the small nichirin dagger under your robe. 

"Fine what do you want", you frowned standing up straight. The demon just stared at you as if he was observing you.

"..I don't understand", is what he said after a few minutes of silence. You gave him a confused look.

"How come you had sex with the others", he questioned. "Others?", you questioned. "Sekido and Urogi", he answered. "Because they were chasing me it was the only way", you explained.

"Only way?", he questioned. "How sad, you're so weak yet you're a demon slayer", he said. "Was", you corrected. "Was?", he questioned. "....I'm not a demon slayer anymore", you said.

Tilting his head slightly he study you once more. "How...embarrassing, you allowed demons to have your way with you to make sure of your survival", he pointed out. "Tell me, did you save anyone in the process of presenting yourself to whatever demon looked threatening".

"That's none of your business", you frowned.

"...It's unfair I just don't understand", he sighed his eyes falling towards the wooden floor. "You slept with other demons, even the other alters except for me".

"Hey look like I said I only did it because I was trying to escape them, nothing else", you reminded.

Focusing his glowing blue eyes back on you he lifts his head. "Really", he asked. "Yes", you confirmed nodding your head.