PART ¹¹

As Roshni and Aditya's wedding date approached, Roshni's family gathered at their opulent mansion, surrounded by lavish decorations and the aroma of exotic cuisine. The air was thick with anticipation, but beneath the surface, a sensitive topic simmered like a pot about to boil over.

"We always thought you'd end up with Tina," Roshni's mother said, her voice tinged with a hint of disappointment and a dash of hope. Her eyes, once bright with excitement, now seemed to cloud with a mix of sadness and longing. She glanced at Tina, who sat quietly in the corner, her eyes cast downward.

But Aditya's family, seated across from them, beamed with joy and contentment. "We love Roshni like our own daughter," Aditya's mother said, her face radiating warmth and happiness. "We're so happy she's joining our family and becoming a part of our legacy." She smiled at Roshni, who blushed at the affection.

Roshni's family, however, still held onto the hope that Aditya would marry Tina, their younger daughter. They had always envisioned the two together, and the thought of Roshni stealing Aditya's heart had left a bitter taste in their mouths. They had expected Aditya to fall for Tina's charms, to be swept away by her youth and beauty.

"Tina would have been a better match for Aditya," Roshni's father said, his voice laced with disapproval and a hint of regret. "She's younger, more innocent, and would have brought a fresh perspective to our family's legacy." He shook his head, as if unable to comprehend why Aditya would choose Roshni over Tina.

Roshni felt a surge of frustration and anger at her family's words. She had always known they preferred Tina, but to hear them express it so openly was like a slap in the face. She felt like she was being compared, like she was somehow less worthy than her sister.

"I'm the one Aditya loves," she said firmly, her voice steady and strong. "I'm the one he's chosen to marry, and I won't let anyone come between us." She looked at Aditya, who stood by her side, his eyes shining with love and adoration.

Aditya took her hand in his, his touch sending shivers down her spine. "I'm happy to be marrying Roshni," he said, his voice filled with conviction. "She's the one I want to spend the rest of my life with, and I won't let anyone or anything come between us." He glanced at Tina, who looked up, her eyes flashing with a mix of sadness and anger.

Despite Roshni's family's reservations, the couple's love and commitment to each other remained strong, a beacon of hope in the face of adversity. But as they stood there, surrounded by their families, they knew that their journey was far from over. They would face challenges and obstacles, but they were ready to face them together, as one...

Tina's eyes dropped, her gaze falling to the floor as she struggled to contain her emotions. She had always dreamed of marrying Aditya, of being the one by his side. But now, that dream was shattered, replaced by the harsh reality of Roshni's presence in his life.

Roshni, sensing her sister's distress, felt a pang of guilt and sorrow. She knew Tina had harbored feelings for Aditya, and she wished she could ease her sister's pain.

"Tina, I—", Roshni began, but her sister cut her off.

"Don't, Roshni," Tina said, her voice barely above a whisper. "Just don't. You've won, okay? You've got Aditya, and I'm left with nothing."

Aditya stepped forward, his eyes filled with compassion. "Tina, please understand—"

But Tina turned away, her shoulders shaking as she stifled a sob. The room fell silent, the tension palpable as the two families struggled to come to terms with the complicated web of emotions and relationships.

Roshni's heart ached for her sister, but she knew she couldn't turn her back on Aditya. She was determined to make their relationship work, no matter the cost...

----------×--------

KEEP READING!!

KEEP VOTING!!

KEEP SHARING!!

FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM