PART ²⁰

Maya's associate, Alex, led them to a dimly lit, abandoned warehouse on the outskirts of town. The air was thick with the scent of decay and neglect. Roshni, Aditya, and Maya exchanged nervous glances, their hearts racing with anticipation.

"So, you're the ones who want to take down Tina," Alex said, voice low and gravelly, as they entered the warehouse. "I've been waiting for someone to come along and do just that."

Roshni stepped forward, her determination evident. "We need proof of her dealings. Can you help us?"

Alex nodded, pulling out a small folder filled with documents. "This is everything I've managed to gather. Financial records, emails, the works. But be warned, Tina has eyes and ears everywhere. If she finds out I've betrayed her, I'm dead."

Aditya took the folder, scanning its contents with a keen eye. "This is good work, Alex. But we need more. We need something that will bring her down for good."

Alex hesitated, looking around nervously. "I might have something else. A recording of Tina making a deal with some shady characters. But it's risky. If Tina finds out I have it, she'll stop at nothing to silence me."

Roshni's eyes locked onto Alex's, her voice firm. "We'll protect you. Just give us the recording."

Alex nodded, pulling out a small device from their pocket. "Be careful. Tina is not to be underestimated. She has connections, powerful ones."

Maya's eyes widened as she took the device. "What's on this recording?"

Alex's voice dropped to a whisper. "Tina, making a deal with Victor, a notorious crime lord. They're planning something big, and it's going to put a lot of people in danger."

(Victor, known only by his surname, "Morales," was a name whispered in fear and respect. His rise to power was swift and brutal, leaving a trail of bodies and broken lives in his wake. With a calculating gaze and a charming smile, he manipulated those around him, using his intelligence and charisma to build a vast network of loyal followers.

His empire was built on extortion, bribery, and violence, with tendrils reaching deep into the city's underbelly. Law enforcement dared not cross him, and those who did were dealt with swiftly and mercilessly.

Tina, with her ambition and cunning, had caught Victor's attention. He saw potential in her, a willingness to do whatever it took to achieve her goals. Together, they forged a partnership that would change the city's landscape forever.

Victor's presence was imposing, his eyes seeming to bore into those he met. His voice was low and smooth, dripping with an unsettling calm. Those who crossed him knew they were playing with fire, and those who allied with him knew they were bound by a pact of blood and loyalty.)

Aditya's face set in a determined expression. "We need to get this to the authorities, now."

Roshni nodded, her mind racing. "But we need to be smart about it. We can't just waltz in there and expect them to listen."

Maya's eyes sparkled with a plan. "Leave that to me. I've got a contact in the police department. Someone who owes me a favor."

Alex nodded, a small smile on their face. "I knew I could count on you three. Just be careful. Tina will not go down without a fight."

And with that, Alex disappeared into the night, leaving Roshni, Aditya, and Maya to ponder their next move, the weight of the recording and its implications settling heavy on their shoulders.