Late Night Talks

Anita couldn't sleep so she decided to go take a walk in the garden. So, she grabbed a robe and walked down the stairs to the side entrance for the gardens. The cold air filled her lungs as she looked up at the stars enjoying the peacefulness of the silence. She walked through the garden as the wind picked up. She sits on the swings as she looked at the constellation. "What are you doing out so late?" A voice from behind her. She looked behind her to see Benedict with a sliver of his chest showing. "Benny! What are you doing out so late?" Benedict shook his head and said, "I asked you first Ani." Anita blushed at the nickname that was given to her at such a young age. "I couldn't sleep. This Season is so different for me. Being Auntie Agatha's daughter." Benedict sat on a swing beside Anita. "I understand that it must be difficult for you, but if you ever need anything I am here for you." Anita smiled at Benedict as she looked up again at the stars. "Remember when we were younger, and I would spend the night with Eloise and Daphne we would stay out late and watch the stars."

Benedict nodded, taking her hands as they swung on the swings. "Anita, are you even ready to find your future husband?" Benedict asked. Anita looked over at him and sighed. "Kind of. I am hoping that the boy I really like finally sees me and possibly be with him." Benedict looked at Anita and said, "Do I know this gentleman that has caught your heart?" Anita blushed a little and said, "Yes, you are very close to him." Benedict seems confused by this and said, "It can't be my brothers." Anita busted out laughing when Benedict said this and shook her head no. "Anthony and Colin are like brothers to me. Even if they asked, I would say no." Benedict nodded. Anita gave a yawn as Benedict said, "I think it's time to sleep." He stood up, reached out his hand for her to take.

She softly took it standing up and the two walked into the house. The house was dark and quiet, but both knew the house very well. They reached Anita's room as Anita turned to Benedict and said, "Thank you for being with me. I enjoyed the night like we did as young ones." Benedict took her hand giving it a gentle kiss and said, "Good night, Ani. Enjoy your sleep." Anita nodded; she opened her door headed into her bedroom as Benedict left to his room. Anita leaned against her door taking a breather and whispered, "Oh Benny, only you knew how much I felt for you." In Benedict's room, he sat in front of his canvas looking at his painting of Anita. "Ani my love. I will ask you this season. I promise you that. 

(489)

(489)