Courtship to the Queen

The Bridgerton's and Danbury were in their carriage heading to another ball. Benedict was holding Anita's hand as the headed their way to the 2nd ball of the season. "You nervous my love?" Benedict asked Anita. Anita nodded. "It's our first ball courting each other. My aunt doesn't even know about us just yet." Benedict nodded, taking Anita's hand giving it a soft kiss on the hand. "We'll be fine darling. Your aunt will be very proud that you found someone you love. The queen will be more excited that the person she chose found the person she might be married to." Anita smiled, the carriage stopped, and the carriage men opened the door as Benedict got out. He grabbed Anita's hand helping her out of the carriage and in the next carriage was Daphne, Anthony, and Violet got out of their carriage. "You ready to show yourself to the Queen?" Violet asked the couple. Anita lifted her head up high and said, "It's the best to do it. To get her blessing if we do tend to be married." Violet nodded. Anita and Benedict stood in front of Daphne and Anthony with Violet beside them.

They entered the building heading down the stairs as Violet saw the Queen. She walked Anita and Benedict over. They all showed their respect for the Queen, making her stand up. "Are you two courting?" Benedict nodded, wrapping his arm around her waist pulling her close. "Your majesty I asked her to court me a few days ago." The Queen smiled at the couple and said, "If you two are to marry you have my permission." Anita smiled at the Queen then back at Benedict. She looked at the Queen and said, "Thank you, your majesty." They walked away with Violet. Agatha Danbury walked over to the family, grabbing Anita's hands and pulled her close hugging her. "I am so happy sweet girl." Anita had tears in her eyes. Anita turned to see Daphne rushing away. She excused herself following Daphne to make sure she was ok.

She finally reaches her seeing Daphne upset. "Daph! Are you alright?" Daphne looked at Anita with tears in her eyes. "Anthony is such a argh!" Anita grabbed Daphne's hand and said, "Will find someone for you Daphne." Daphne looked at Anita and said, "It might be to late for me." Anita seemed confused and said, "What do you mean?" Daphne sighed and said, "Anthony has an arranged marriage with Lord Berbrooke." Anita's mouth became shocked when they heard a voice behind Daphne. They looked to see Lord Berbrooke as he started to talk to Daphne. "You will not marry Daphne if I have anything to do with it." Lord Berbrooke then went to a faceoff with Anita.

"This is none of your concern or business Lady Danbury. It is between me and my future bride." He started to walk over to Daphne when Anita came between the two of them. "Touch her and that will be the last thing you ever do!" Lord Berbrooke grabbed Anita as Daphne tried to help her push Lord Berbrooke off. Luckily, right before Simon could help both girls get Lord Berbrooke off Anita. Anita just stared at Lord Berbrooke when Daphne walked up to Anita and told her the plan and she agreed to it.  

(553)

(553)