Confession

The next morning Anita, Daphne, Violet, and Anthony were all in the drawing room waiting for suitors. None had gone for Daphne the majority went to Anita. None had caught her interest and Anthony saw this, so he helped her get rid of them. Another knock appeared as the servants called for another suitor for Anita. The four of them stood up only to see Benedict standing at the door. "Benedict, is the suitor behind you?" Anthony asked his younger brother. Benedict shook his head and said, "I'm the suitor brother. I'm here for Anita." Anita's eyes went wide as they met Benedicts eyes. "What on earth are you talking about Benedict. This isn't a time for games." Anthony exclaimed. Benedict looked at his brother and mother and said, "I'm not here for games. I'm only here the interest of Anita." Anita stood up facing Benedict as she said, "For me Benny?" Benedict nodded his head. Taking her hands and said, "I've been in love with you for some time now Anita. Not for social status but for yourself. May I be your date for the ball coming up?" Anita smiled shyly but gave a nod. Violet smiled at her son and honorary daughter. Benedict looked up at Anthony as Anthony spoke, "You two will make a beautiful couple. Now if you excuse me, I have to go to my office."

The rest of them nodded. Anita looked at Benedict making Daphne and Violet leave the room. "How long?" Anita asked Benedict. Benedict looked at Anita and said, "Ever since we were early teenagers. I find you so gorgeous every time I see you. What about you?" Anita smiled and said, "Since I met you. You were very different from the rest of your family, and I found that exciting. You're adventurous and you played with me and your sisters. They would make us the Knight and Princess." Benedict chuckled at the memory she had spoken off. Taking her hands into his bringing her close and said, "Would you do me the honor of being my lady." Anita blushed but nodded as Benedict lifted her into the air spinning her.

Later that day the whole family was in the drawing room. Benedict was sitting beside Anita as his arm was on the back of the couch around her shoulders. They had announced their courtship to the family which made everyone excited. Daphne was playing the piano as Anita was humming to the piano writing in her notebook making Benedict look. She quickly closed it, and Benedict rolled his eyes but accepted it. "So, will you two announce your courtship at the next ball?" Violet asked the couple. "I believe it would be the best time. The Queen will be there and it could give us an advantage with pleasing the Queen." Violet nodded. The couple just enjoyed the rest of the day with the family. 

(485)

(485)