1 - Prissy Pink Princesses

I was supposed to be rotten to the core -or pure evil either one works for my mother- and in a way I guess I was. I had the power to do so, at least what I could see from the dome muffling it. Considering my mother was the worst and most powerful villain, she still held one part of her powers. Her glowing green eyes. Mal and I had them too. They didn't do much other than glow and intimidate people in the Isle. Mother used them to further use her power, name, and authority over me and Mal. Whenever we disagreed it would turn into a staring contest she always won. While others thought I was exactly like my mother, I didn't see it. Other than the clothing to which I deliberately tried to keep different. My hair was a darker purple, with bluer tones. It was still purple as my mother requested- no demand. To be honest, I didn't mind it much. I liked purple and I liked it even more that it matched with Mal. I much preferred purple tones like ultra violet or even periwinkle (which depending on the shade is very different). My clothing was mostly black leather with large accents of the same ultraviolet, purple periwinkle, and even a few other purples mixed in. Evie had begged me to add another color to keep some contract so there are very small amounts of lime green through my clothing (it was another thing to match Mal, only mine was brighter). Mal didn't care for the makeup, and neither did mom but I had fun letting Evie teach me a thing or two. We bonded over it and I even grew a likeness of makeup. We also bonded over boys though Evie always got much more emboldened than I did. I was much more talk than anything when it came to guys. The Isle had very limited resources in general and that didn't stop at makeup. It wasn't normal or the usual, yet Evie always made sure I had some. She gave me some of her own stash without her mother knowing. Another thing Evie was great at was accessories. Evie and Dizzy had made me some as per my request. They didn't even hesitate to pull Jay into it to steal some things. My favorite piece was a dragon necklace and belt she made me. I had a few other pieces on my shoes, wrists, and even some on my ears that they had made me. I was never great at crafting but I could draw up the sketches. None of this matters anyway. It was a good day, the sun was bright, the constant smell of the left trash wasn't bad, and I had actually had fun this morning. The only problem was the two familiar henchmen getting closer, and the surrounding people being quick to scatter and hide. Mal and I stepped a few steps forward, leaving our friends to huddle together behind us. They were never good at hiding fear when it came to our mother but it's not like I would expect them to. It was impressive that they had never joined the others, hiding in the buildings or running through those same buildings all the way to the other side of the Isle.

"Hi, mom." Mal said with a big smile as exhaled a breath.

"Mom." I stated, my own smile showing though it was softer.

I don't know what I hoped for, maybe it was simply from the overwhelming hope radiating off of Mal. Either way, I knew both of us were about to be disappointed.

Our mother placed a hand on each of the henchmen in front of her and pushed them to the side revealing herself.

"Stealing candy, Mal?" She started, staring at Mal before turning to me. "You couldn't help her do better? Or even do anything yourself?"

I was so preoccupied in my thoughts I hadn't even realized the new found lollipop in Mal's hands.

"I'm so disappointed."

"It was from a baby." Mal added, her hope still there as she handed the lollipop to our mother.

"Ah, those are my nasty little girls." She praised, happily as she switched her staff to her other hand and took the lollipop from Mal.

She spit on the green and red swirled candy before pressing it in her armpit. She made a short grunting noise before handing it off to one of her henchman.