2 - Welcome to Auradon Prep

We followed mom down the stairs. On our way she handed both me and Mal a backpack and duffle bag

"Thanks." I said, taking the full black leather backpack and black cloth duffle bag.

She didn't respond with anything more than a small smile. I don't know when she found out or even really when she packed for us but I was glad she did.

"Mal. Give." I said, turning around holding my hand out.

She handed me her bags and walked to the door. She waited, watching me throw the bags into the truck. I walked to the other door and moved my eyes to where she was staring. Mom was back at the balcony, staring down at us. She smiled, bringing her pointer and middle finger to her eyes then back at us. She was watching. Always.

"Ready?" I asked Mal.

"Yeah." I didn't believe her for a second.

We got into the limousine, both of us on either side of Evie in the back seat. We all listened to each of our parents' shallow asks as a goodbye. It was normal. I did wish they would say something like, I don't know, 'I love you' or 'be careful' or even 'be safe'. Jays eyes landed on the overwhelming amount of colorful assortments of something in front of them. Carlos and Jay stared at each other for a moment before jumping forward and fighting over the candy. Evie somewhere had found a blue rock that she had started sucking on. She used her free hand to pull out her blush and moved to face Mal.

"You're looking a little washed out. Let me help." She said with a smile that dropped when Mal pushed her hand away.

"Ew. Stop it." She said. "I'm plotting."

Evie turned forward. "Well it's not very attractive."

She bit down on the blue rock lightly but made a small noise and started sucking. "Is. Do you need some blush?"

I heard her but I forgot to answer. My eyes were almost glued to the outside.

"Is?" Evie called again.

"What? Sorry." I said, turning to look at her.

"Do you want some more blush?"

"Oh. Do I need some?" I asked.

"No but more couldn't hurt."

I smiled. "Thank you but I'm okay."

Carlso and Jay had found a new favorite of whatever they were eating. Something salty and sweet at the same time. It looked good. Behind me, I hear something being rolled down. I turned to look and saw Mal holding some sort of remote as well as a new window that gave us access to the driver. My eyes glanced out the front window to see us driving straight towards the broken bridge. Was he going to drive us off? Kill us just like that?

"Guys!" I called. All their attention shot up to me in confusion.

"Look!" Evie added.

"It's a trap!" Carlos yelled to which Jay started to yell as well.

Panic arose out of them all as I tried to open the door next to me. I froze when I saw golden ribbons and sparkles erupt from nowhere.

"Guys. You have to see this!" I yelled over them.

They stopped screaming and slowly sat up, looking out the windows.

"What just happened?" Carlos asked. Mal laughed.

"It must be magic." Evie stated, amazement clear in her voice as it was in all of our faces.

Our first glimpse of real magic. It was gorgeous. Amazing! Unimaginable.