20

Emiko 22,

I spent the better half of my day working on my hair. Akeno had left before I woke up and Aja wasn't here, leaving the house to myself.

After I finished taking down my braids, which took approximately three hours to do. I sectioned my mid back length hair in four, detangled and washed it thoroughly. Once my hair and scalp was squeaky clean I decided to style my hair with mini twists until my next hair appointment. I almost immediately regretted my decision once I got started.

I couldn't get the parting quite right and to make matters worse I was running low on hair products to finish the look. So I called Meadow who just so happens to be hanging out with Eden. I asked them for help, and they came over not even ten minutes later.

Both girls looked stressed out but Meadow looked worse, if I didn't know any better I'd say she was having guy troubles and boy was I right.

"I can't believe he said that to me. I'm not asking for a lot, just someone that wants to be in a committed relationship!" Meadow exaggerated as she adds product to my hair. I swear my head was getting yanked left and right by the three pairs of working hands.

We were nearing the end of my style and the only thing left to do was put the brown beads and shells on. I couldn't thank them enough, knowing that if I didn't ask them for help I'd be doing my hair well into the following morning.

"Mhmm and so what did you say?" I ask, grabbing an oil soaked rubber band to secure the last bead. When I let go of the twist I watch it start to slowly shrink in length. Going from mid back to just beneath my shoulder blades.

I purse my lips in dissatisfaction and grab the next twist to slip the beads on.

"I told Casey to go fuck himself and then he quite literally fucked me sideways." She admits defeatedly. "I told myself I wasn't going to fall for his little tricks but his tongue feels like silk and his hands... the way he grabbed me." Meadows' eyes close shut as she shakes her head and shivers.

"Good dick does that to you." Eden says, clicking her tongue in dissatisfaction. "It makes you stupid and quick to forgive. If you don't snap out of it I'm afraid Casey will think he's won the fight and keep acting the way he is."

"To be fair you guys have only been dating for like, what? Two months. Don't you think that's a little insane to expect him to marry you so soon?" I point out.

"No, I do not." Meadow pouts, wipes her hands off on my pink towel and takes a sip of her wine. "I mean giving myself to him is already a lot so why can't I expect more if that's what he promised."

"I don't know... maybe because men are liars and willing to say and do anything just to get in your pants?" Eden retorts sarcastically. "Or maybe he's just taking advantage of the fact that you're missing a few screws and it turns him on."

"Eden." I shoot her a dirty look. "Cut it out."

She rolls her eyes, "sorry Meadow. I... didn't mean it." Her apology doesn't sound sincere at all but my sister simply glazes over it like it doesn't even bother her. As long as no one calls her crazy she won't freak out.

"No, she's probably right." Meadow sighs. "I did give him a heads up about my mental health just to avoid any surprises if I have a random episode. After that he was practically jumping my bones at every chance he got."

"So why don't you just break up with him?" I ask slowly.

"Because I love him." She says in a matter of fact tone. "And it's too early to decide on anything at this point. I figured we just needed some time and space apart so that when we do talk we're both in the right headspace."