Chapter Eight - Marbella

The moment I saw Kyra standing outside the hotel, all my exhaustion from the early morning and the flight vanished. Her eyes lit up as she spotted me, and we both broke into huge grins. I ran into her arms, feeling the warmth of her.

"oh I miss you" Kyra murmured into my ear.

"I missed you so much," I replied, squeezing her tightly. We stood there for a while, just holding each other, before finally pulling apart.

Kyra took my hand, leading me inside the hotel "Come on"

I followed her, feeling a surge of excitement. It was so good to be back with her, and I couldn't wait to see what she had in store for us.

We made it to her room, it was cute and surprisingly clean. 

"I clean for you" she sheepishly admitted.

I smiled unzipping my suitcase and pulling out some weather appropriate clothes. 

We spent the morning lounging by the pool, talking about everything and nothing. Kyra told me all about their first few days and how excited she was for the upcoming games. 

I filled her in on everything that had been happening back home, including my recent all the times I annoyed Dean and the London girls.

As the day went on, we were joined by some of Kyra's teammates and their families. Steph of course was so happy to see me. Caitlin and Katie arrived with her and soon after, Mini, Clara, Harper, Koby, and Charli joined us. Harper begged Kyra to jump into the pool, she happily went with her splashing around and laughing.

It was wonderful to see everyone again. Steph and Caitlin greeted me with warm hugs, while Katie and I's banter didn't miss a beat. Mini was just as small as I remember and her family just as beautiful as I thought they would be. Charli's smile was infectious but I was used to that by now. 

"Look at you, all tanned and now relaxed," Steph teased, nudging Kyra. "I think this agrees with you."

Kyra laughed. "She does"

Clara needed to head back to their room to go to the toilet, as she stood up from the lounge chair with Koby in her arms she instantly smiled softly at me. 

"Do you mind?" she nodded towards the little baby in her arms. 

I smiled eagerly "Oh yes please" she lowered Koby to my chest and I instantly sat backwards adjusting him on me. 

Kyra was still in the pool with Mini and Harper and as soon as she glanced my way she quickly got out and walked over sitting on the edge of my chair. 

"He's cute isn't he" her poked at my shin smiling, I smiled down in response looking at the peacefully sleeping Koby. "Suits ya" 

We spent the afternoon by the pool, chatting and catching up. Harper kept us entertained with thei, and it was heart warming to see them all playing together. It was perfect, and I felt so happy. 

At one point, Harper came over to us with a big grin on her face. "Can we play a game?" she asked, her eyes sparkling.

"Of course!" Kyra replied, smiling at her niece. "What do you want to play?"

"I don't know" Harper look around at the other kids. 

I immediately jumped in before she could try and think of something we didn't want to do "Why don't you have a race?" 

Her eyes lit up again and she squealed reaching for my hand "Yes" 

On Mini's mark Charli, Kyra, Steph, Caitlin, Katie, Harper and I are started off racing to the other side of the pool. 

They're competitive nature didn't mean Harper would immediately win however Harper was used to that, so when she came second last she was just happy she beat me. 

As the afternoon settled in we all retreated to our rooms, and got ready for dinner. I was absolutely exhausted and my skin was slightly burnt and it sent chills down my entire body and couldn't help myself but fall into the trap of a after pool nap. 

I woke up to Kyra nudging me softly "Babe come on you need to shower" 

I groaned again and fluttered my eyes open, "I don't want to" 

She gripped my wrist and pulled me slightly "Come on you've got twenty minutes" 

I pulled myself out of bed and dragged myself to the bathroom and stood in the shower as the hot water stung my burnt skin.

The evening was filled with laughter and good food. I couldn't complain about anything, other than the fact I was still unbelievably tired. 

After dinner, Kyra and I took a walk around the hotel, enjoying the quiet and the cool evening air. We held hands, savouring the moment.

"Have you thought about our wedding at all" Kyra said softly, looking at me with those beautiful eyes.

"Kind of have you" I replied, squeezing her hand. 

Her eyes glistened "I don't know I guess" 

I scrunched up my face slightly "You guess?" 

She smirked "I mean I thought about bridesmaids" 

I raised my eyebrows "Do tell sneaky" 

She smiled placing her free hand on top of our ones intertwined "Mini would be my maid of honour I think" she looked at me deep in my eyes "then probably my sister Mia, Charli and maybe" she paused "What about you?" 

I ignored her maybe I thought for a second "Well I guess it'd be Laura, Beth or Katie and Steph would obviously be my maid of honour" she instantly chuckled "What" my face dropped

"Well I was going to say I'd either have Steph or Caitlin but you'd get first pick" she squeezed my hand. 

I laughed "Obviously it was always Steph"

We made our way back to our room and for the first night in days I fell asleep happy my face wrapped against her chest listening to the rise and fall of her chest.