16 - The Japanese Girl

To Adrien’s dismay, he was unable to fulfil his theory about whether Jasmine Orchid was indeed Black Beauty due to her absence and lack of involvement with the girl

To Adrien’s dismay, he was unable to fulfil his theory about whether Jasmine Orchid was indeed Black Beauty due to her absence and lack of involvement with the girl. Ever since round 2 between Ladybug and Black Beauty, Adrien had barely seen Jasmine or the heroine in black leather when he would do his nightly patrol in Paris. The tanned girl would show up to university, remain attentive in her lectures and then rapidly leave once the bell would ring throughout the whole university. She was no longer hanging out with the blonde after school, her excuse being she was busy which Adrien was sceptical about.

Similarly, whenever Black Beauty would show up on patrol, at least 2 hours late or more, she would be completely and utterly exhausted. Even though she had a black mask concealing the surroundings of her hazel orbs, Chat Noir managed to notice the evident dark circles painted beneath her chocolate orbs which worried the hero. One night he had questioned why she was extremely fatigued but she answered him with one simple word.

Work.

Work? What work would result in her drained form?

Ever since then, Adrien had realized that Jasmine too had dark circles contorted beneath her ebony orbs. Suspicion had arisen within him as he registered how it had to be more than a mere coincidence. It had to be. It was no coincidence that both Black Beauty and Jasmine ended up with dark circles around their hazel orbs during the same time or the fact that both their excuses for intense depletion was their “work”. This made no sense to the overwhelmed blonde which only resulted in frustrated questions to swarm through his mind.

A month has already passed since both Jasmine and Black Beauty have been continuously drained. It was to the point that both Adrien and Chat Noir were beginning to fret over the fact that they had become vulnerable. Frail even. Both girls had become so slim that their cheekbones were much more prominent whilst their arms were even more leaner than imaginable. During school lunches, the blonde had noticed how Jasmine would repeatedly state that she hadn’t had an appetite but he knew she was lying.

Why? Why was she lying?

Aware that she was a dreadful liar, Adrien would offer his food every day which resulted in him hearing her refusal over and over until he would cross his bulging arms over his robust chest, glaring at the scrawny girl until she would succumb to his proposal since he wasn’t going to take “no” as an answer.

Ever since then, he made sure to buy two meals in order to satisfy Jasmine’s stomach which he knew was craving for the divine and delectable food. Similarly, one night on patrol, the two heroes in black were sitting adjacent to each other on the edge of a rooftop building with their legs dangling and swinging down the side of the building. During their peaceful aroma, it was disrupted by a balring gurgle from Black Beauty’s stomach which made Chat Noir immediately jump off the building before rushing back to her after 20 minutes with two boxes of pizza. One being Hawaiian whilst the other being pepperoni. Instantly the masked heroine was about to pay the feline back but he refused to accept which made her sulk but in return thanked him endlessly for the mouthwatering pizza.