Chapter 17: Surprise Reunion

Y/N and Natasha travelled to the Avengers Compound, their journey filled with quiet conversations and shared memories. As they approached the compound, Y/N's heart raced with a mix of excitement and nervousness. He was about to reunite with his family, the people he had missed so deeply during his three-year mission.

When they arrived, the compound was bustling with activity. Avengers were preparing for the next move against Thanos, strategizing and training. Y/N felt a pang of guilt for not being there sooner, but he pushed it aside, focusing on the task at hand.

Natasha led him through the corridors, heading towards the common area where the team often gathered. As they entered, conversations halted, and all eyes turned towards them. Silence fell over the room as the Avengers processed the sight of Y/N standing there, a mix of relief and shock evident on their faces.

"Y/N?" Tony Stark was the first to break the silence, stepping forward. "Is it really you?"

Y/N smiled, feeling the warmth of their welcome. "Yeah, it's me. I'm back."

The room erupted into a chorus of greetings and exclamations. Wanda and Pietro rushed over, embracing him with joy. Vision offered a polite but warm smile, while Peter Parker, Ant-Man, and the Wasp looked on with awe and curiosity.

"Welcome back, Y/N," Bruce Banner said, his expression reflecting the relief and happiness shared by the others.

Y/N nodded, his eyes scanning the room for two familiar faces. And then, he saw them—Steve and Bucky standing at the back, their expressions a mixture of disbelief and overwhelming emotion.

Steve was the first to move. He crossed the room in a few long strides, pulling Y/N into a tight embrace. "We thought we'd lost you," he murmured, his voice thick with emotion.

Y/N hugged him back just as tightly. "I'm sorry I was gone so long. I missed you."

As they pulled apart, Bucky stepped forward, his usually stoic expression softened with a rare display of emotion. "You have no idea how much we missed you," he said, pulling Y/N into another embrace.

The three of them stood there for a moment, wrapped in each other's arms, the weight of their separation falling away. Natasha watched from the sidelines, a satisfied smile on her face. This reunion was long overdue.

After the initial greetings and embraces, the team settled into a more relaxed atmosphere. Y/N was bombarded with questions about his mission, his new powers, and the changes he had undergone. He answered as best he could, sharing as much as he felt comfortable but keeping the darker details to himself for now.

As the evening wore on, Steve and Bucky stayed close to Y/N, their presence a comforting reminder of the bond they shared. Natasha joined them, the four friends falling into an easy rhythm as they caught up on lost time.

Later that night, as the group began to wind down, Y/N found himself sitting between Steve and Bucky, just as he had imagined so many times during his mission. Natasha sat across from them, her eyes twinkling with mischief.

"You know, I don't think I've ever seen Steve and Bucky this happy," she teased, snapping a photo of the three of them.

Y/N laughed, feeling a warmth in his chest that he hadn't felt in a long time. "It's good to be home," he said softly.

Steve wrapped an arm around Y/N's shoulders, pulling him close. "Welcome back, Y/N. We've got a lot to catch up on."

Bucky nodded in agreement, his hand resting on Y/N's knee. "And we're not letting you out of our sight again."

Y/N smiled, feeling a sense of belonging and peace. He was home with his family, and together, they would face whatever challenges lay ahead. The road to defeating Thanos would be difficult, but with the Avengers by his side, Y/N knew they had a fighting chance.