13.FRIEND

[A FEW DAYS LATER...]

"Sunoo-ya, come quickly. It's about to start. Whoa, you scared me," Sunghoon exclaimed, almost having a heart attack as Sunoo jumped out of nowhere onto the sofa.

"Say that again," Sunoo said, leaning closer with sparkly eyes and cupping his chin.

"Wha..what?"

"What you said before."

"You...you scared me..."

"Before that."

"Come."

"Nooooooo," Sunoo shouted, startling Sunghoon.

"What!"

"My name," Sunoo frowned with a pout.

"Su..Su..Sunoo-ya," Sunghoon stuttered, a beautiful smile spreading across Sunoo's face.

"Why?" Sunghoon asked, smiling.

"I like it when you call me that. Say that again," Sunoo pouted.

"Sunoo-yaa," Sunghoon said with a soft tone, noticing the big smile on Sunoo's face, something he had never seen before.

"Even though I'm older, keep calling me that way. Okay?" Sunoo requested.

"Mmmm...," Sunghoon nodded.

"What's the name?" Sunoo asked. They were about to watch a movie.

"Sassy girl," Sunghoon replied, knowing it wasn't his cup of tea but something Sunoo would like.

"Sounds good."

.
.
.
.

Sunghoon awoke to the sunlight on his face, realizing he had dozed off while watching the movie "Sunoo." His gaze shifted to Sunoo. "Is he asleep? Why has he been so human-like lately," thought Sunghoon as he approached Sunoo. Just then, Sunoo jolted awake, startling Sunghoon. Sunoo seemed to be malfunctioning.

"Good morning," Sunoo greeted, baffled by his nap."Oh, there's a mess," Sunoo observed the food and snack packets in front of them. "You clean it," Sunoo demanded before trying to leave.

"No, I can't. I have somewhere to be. Just clean up for today. I'll do it next time," Sunghoon bargained.

"No."

"Fine, let's settle it with rock, paper, scissors."

"Rock, paper, scissors. I'm not good at that, "Sunoo thought. "It's kids' stuff," He chuckled.

"Okay, how about a staring contest? The loser cleans up," Sunoo suggested.

"Sure," Sunghoon agreed.

As they locked eyes, Sunghoon noticed Sunoo's features up close for the first time without flinching. Sunlight washed over Sunoo's face, allowing a thorough examination from head to chin.

His dark brown hair cascaded over his forehead, complementing his amber eyes, long lashes, and smooth milky skin. A sharp nose and fluffy rosy cheeks completed his enchanting features. How could someone look so perfect just after waking up? He found himself unable to look away, his gaze locking onto Sunoo's plump, glossy, pink lips. His heart raced. "I want to kiss them," he thought, "what!" Surprised at his revelation.

"Yeeeeeeeee......you blinked. Yes..yee...byeeeeeee," Sunoo declared as the victor, swiftly leaving the room.

Sunghoon slapped himself lightly. "What am I thinking?"

.
.
.
.

"Where are you off to?"

"Meeting up with a friend."

"Friend. You have friends?" Sunghoon asked, intrigued.

"Why? Can only you have friends?"

"I didn't mean it like that. I don't know about him. I meant you know my friends. We're roommates, so we should know each other's stuff."

Sunoo glanced at Sunghoon for a moment without saying a word.

"Does he think I'm jealous?" Sunghoon wondered to himself.

"Are you finished cleaning? You mentioned you had somewhere to be," Sunoo asked.

"That's not what I asked. Answer the question. Or take me with you so I can meet your friend and find out who this friend of yours is," Sunghoon said the last part under his breath.

But then Sunoo burst out laughing. "You can't come with me. Only dead people go there. Do you want to join them?" he asked teasingly.

Sunghoon gulped. "Oh, I forgot I have somewhere to be. See you later," Sunghoon said with a grin as he waved.

"When you come back, can you bring the ice cream you bought me that day?" Sunoo asked.

"Mint chocolate?" Sunghoon asked and Sunoo nodded. "Alright, bye."

"Bye," Sunoo said as he left.

"Did he lie? Thinking I'd show up. Ugh...driving me crazy," Sunghoon muttered to himself, scratching his head.

*******************************

[AFTER LIFE OFFICE]

"Hey there, long time no see," Heeseung greeted his friend with a smile, motioning to the empty seat. "What's the occasion for suddenly remembering me?"

Sunoo retorted, "What do you mean? I never forget about you."

"Okay, okay, just joking. So, how's work? Any progress?"

Sunoo let out a heavy sigh. "No, not yet."

"Oh, really?"

"Can you help me? I've tried everything to get through to him about that girl, but he just doesn't seem to care. Do you have any ideas?" Sunoo grasped his friend's hand.

"Maybe she's not his true love."

"Chuuu...but she loves him. He likes her too, but he hasn't admitted it."

"Are you sure? Why the rush? Are you tired of it?"

"No, never. I'm never fed up with him. I just want to make him happy, to see him smile," Sunoo said, looking down.

"I think he's happy."

"You think?"

"Yeah, he's happy with you."

"Is he? I usually can tell what people think without reading minds, but sometimes, I can't figure out what this brat is thinking. Just like his mama."

"Tell me, what did you do with him?" Heeseung asked. He could see how Sunoo's face lit up. He smiled.

"You know, he gave me a name," Sunoo said, excitedly.

"A name, What is it?"

"Sunoo."

Heeseung smiled brightly. "Nice name. Can I call you that too?"

"No," Sunoo said, as Heeseung's smile faded. "Joke..joke...," Sunoo said, and Heeseung shook his head.

[FAST FORWARD]

"Why?" Heeseung asked because of his friend's sudden reactions.

"I think I have to go."

SEE YOU AGAIN 👋 👋👋

SEE YOU AGAIN 👋 👋👋