28.DREAM

[AT MODELING AGENCY]

"Hey, baby girl... you didn’t reply to my text," Ricky said, approaching Wonyoung as she tried to leave. "Where are you going?" Ricky grabbed her hand roughly.

"Just leave me alone, you jerk," Wonyoung yelled in pain.

"Look at my face." Ricky tightened his grip. Wonyoung looked up, and Ricky's eye was bruised. "This is all because of your fucking oppa. He’s going to pay for this. You know my dad—he’ll do anything for me. If you don’t want this to escalate, you have to date me." Ricky threatened her. Wonyoung pushed his grip away and glared at him.

"If my father can’t, tell my grandfather and do whatever you want. I’m not afraid of you." Wonyoung spat at him and stormed off. Jay had warned Wonyoung not to be deceived by Ricky, as everything that happened was due to Ricky’s threats. Jay had assured her that Sunghoon and he hadn’t done anything to Ricky. Jay had kept the real story a secret. So Wonyoung didn't care about Ricky’s threats.

.
.
.
.
.

"I feel comfortable around you," Sunghoon said.

"Really? Me too," Jake replied.

"I’m really lucky to have you. Even though we've only known each other a short time, it feels like years."

"Is that so?" Jake smiled.

"Don’t mind if I tell you something," Sunghoon said.

"Sure, what is it?"

"I think I like you, not just as a friend," Sunghoon confessed, causing Jake’s eyes to widen.

"Ahhh..." Jake stammered.

"Don’t feel pressured to reply. Take your time," Sunghoon said.

"I think I..." Jake began.

"Nooooooo..." Sunoo suddenly woke up, shouting. He panted heavily. "What was that? Was it a dream?" he gasped. Sunghoon rushed to him because of his shout.

"Why... what happened?" Sunghoon asked, looking at Sunoo, who was still breathing heavily.

"Nothing." Sunoo said." So, this is what a dream feels like. It hurts. I can understand now how those dreams must have hurt Sunghoon back then. My poor boy," Sunoo thought. They continued to look at each other, and then Sunghoon avoided Sunoo’s gaze, his heart fluttering from Sunoo’s soft look.

"Wait," Sunghoon said, leaving the room and returning with an ice cream. "Eat this." He gestured towards Sunoo. Sunoo’s face lit up.

"Thank you," Sunoo said, smiling. Sunghoon put the ice cream on the bed and left because he couldn’t resist Sunoo’s cuteness when he was happy.

Before he left, Jake popped up to the room. "What are you doing?"  He asked. Hearing Jake’s voice, Sunoo frowned.

"Nothing."

"I thought someone had come. I heard you talking," Jake said. Sunghoon panicked and looked in Sunoo’s direction.

"No... I was just murmuring a song. That’s what you heard," Sunghoon said, trying to cover up the situation.

"Oh, okay. What about dinner? Let’s eat out," Jake suggested.

"Mmm... no, let’s make dinner," Sunghoon said as he left the room with Jake following him. Sunoo, on the bed, ate his ice cream angrily.

"Idiot... Let’s see how you cook," Sunoo muttered.

Jake and Sunghoon were in the kitchen, smiling and ready to make dinner. "I don’t know how to cook, but I’ll help you," Jake said. Sunghoon nodded. Then Sunoo appeared in front of them.