49: Sangria

Home sweet home

Harry came with me to Cambridge. I hadn't set foot in that god forsaken city in over a year. Everything was the same except for me. I looked a bit different, had a new name and life.

"So...this is where I'm from" I spoke.
"It's gorgeous my love" He smiled softly.
"So...are you nervous too?" I asked.
"For what? Baby, you're the only talking to Emily"
"True. I dunno...I just hate her"
"And that's completely valid. Are you alright?"
"Yeah...I think"
"It'll be okay my love. What drink do you want, I'll order for us"
"Cola please. Thanks"

After hitting the pub, we headed to our hotel to check in. It was our first night away together. Hira thought it was super early but I pointed out we'd been friends for a long time and fell in love so despite the fact we weren't official yet, it all felt right.

"I'm gonna have a bath" I said out loud
"Here, I'll run you a bath" Harry spoke as we finished unpacking. "Go make yourself a drink"
"Thank you my love" I kisses his cheek gently and went to make myself a cup of hot chocolate in the coffee machine in our room. I'd never been in a relationship like this before. All my past ones except Caleb were bad. But being with Harry was so different. Euphoric was probably the word.

"You ready my love?" He popped back into the bedroom to check on me to see me just wearing a baggy t shirt. "You look tired"
"I am..." I sighed, leaning my head on his side. He gently ran his fingers through my hair and held me close. "I really appreciate that you came"
"I would never let you do this alone" He replied.

Where has he been my whole life?

After my bath and sipping my hot chocolate, I got ready for bed (I smelt fucking good by the way). Harry was in bed already reading a book. He noticed me walk into the bedroom wearing my
pyjamas and smiled softly.
"You joining me darling?" He asked.
"Well, yes" I slid in beside him and he planted a soft kiss on my forehead.  "That bath was needed"
"I'm glad you feel better my darling"
"I'm glad you're here with me"