29: Sangria

"Harry, come on!" I pleaded him. I was trying to ask him to come to Thorpe Park with me tomorrow as we were both scared of rollercoasters - I wanted us to face our fears!

"Firm no" He decided as he put his fork down.
"Face your damn fears!"
"No! Darling, it's not happening" My heart fluttered with he called me that...I'd never been called darling by somebody that was not one of my parents.
"Please?? Please Harry" I shoved him slightly but he didn't budge. I snatched his plate and put it on the table.
"Wh-I'm eating!"
"Please??" I edged closer to him and leaned on him.
"No!" He scolded me as he reached for his plate. I pinned his arms down and got all up in his face - annoyance worked wonders.
"Pretty please?"

•••

"You're the best Harry!" It was the next day and we had just entered the theme park.
"Why did I do this?" He sighed.
"It'll be fun, I promise! We're gonna face our fears and have the time of our lives!" I declared
"You're very persistent, you know?"
"And what? I just wanna be spontaneous!"
"You owe me big time Miss!" He scoffed as he put his arm round me.
"Next time we hang out, you choose the activities" I declared as we sauntered on.

I let Harry have first pick on what we did - he wanted to play games. We knocked over bottles, threw balls into buckets, had a blast at the arcade...then it was ride time.

"Should we go on Tidal Wave? It's a water ride!"
"We'll get wet!"
"That's the point! Please Harry!?"
"You act 12"
"It's the ADHD" I pulled him to the fast track queue and we went to get seated.
"I'm shitting myself" Harry admitted.
"I'll be with you. You'll be okay, let's face our fears! I hate rollercoasters too"
"But you're...excited"
"Fake it till you make it" I grinned as we sat down.

"Harry...I'm scared!" We were getting very high.
"Me too!" He clutched my hand, his palms sweating.
"Who's dumb idea was this!?"
"Wh-yours! FUCK!" We were going DOWN now - very fucking fast. And soon enough, we were soaked! We clutched onto each other, yells erupting from our mouths.

It was silent as we the ride slowed down and came to a stop.
"That...wasn't so bad" I spoke gently.
"It wasn't, was it?"

We both grinned.

After we dried off we went on a different ride which was faster and went through the same process of holding each other and yelling then deciding it was not that bad.

But after a while Harrys happiness turned into anxiety. I wanted to ho on Stealth which was the fastest ride and as soon as Harry saw it he started shaking with fear. So I offered to go on it alone whilst he went to take some time away.

"I think I'm over my fear of rollercoasters!" I was buzzing as I dashed over to Harry who was talking to a girl wearing a Louis Tomlinson t-shirt.
"Slayy!" The girl replied causing Harry and I to laugh.
"Sorry to interrupt. I dragged Harry here!" I giggled.
Harry and the girl had finished talking so after I took a photo of them we decided to get some food nearby.

"So...today was..." I wasn't sure what to say.
"Partially a success" Harry replied.
"I'm sorry Harry. I was so persistent with you"
"It's alright, I know what you're like" That sentence made my heart flutter and I smiled shyly, not looking at it. I think he noticed how flustered I got.
"And I'm glad you got to get over your fears" He added.

"Thanks to you" I replied as our drinks arrived.