Me And My Broken Heart

I wake up the next day feeling sick to my stomach, I stare at the ceiling still thinking about what happened yesterday, how Sawyer broke my heart. I knew that none of it was his fault he didn't mean to hurt me, and he didn't know I liked him, he just said the facts, that Ivy was his girlfriend.

I turn around and sit up, I pick up my phone to check the time. It's 5:47, I usually wake up at 6:15.

I sigh as I get up and start getting ready, I walk downstairs to find my mother preparing my lunch. I slowly walk to the couch and sit down heavily.

"I see you are early today. Did you sleep early?" my mom asks me as she hands me a glass of water. I sip the. water trying to wash the pain down. I keep a straight face as I reply "I didn't sleep a lot last night, I wasn't tired".

My mom frowned and looked at me "Are you alright you look sick, anything wrong?"

"No mum I'm alright really. Just have a small argument with Ashlyn and Liz" I lied,

My mum hummed and continued her work. After 15 mins I took my lunch and left. As usual, I walked to the bus stop and got on the first bus.

At school I tried my best to stay away from Sawyer, Mahi was shocked when I didn't creep into her class for lunch. I quietly sat in my class.

After the school got over I waved Mahi goodbye and got on the bus that took me home.

This day was never-ending for me.

At night, as darkness enveloped the room, I found myself settling onto the soft expanse of my bed, gazing intently at the barren expanse of the ceiling above. In the quiet stillness, a silent cascade of tears streamed down my cheeks, unnoticed yet palpable in their presence. A deep, sorrowful sigh escaped my lips as I reached up, attempting to brush away the tears that seemed to flow endlessly, defying all efforts to staunch their flow.

The weight of my unspoken emotions pressed heavily upon my chest, each tear a silent testament to the hidden turmoil within. Despite my best attempts to mask my inner turmoil, the tears continued their relentless journey, a poignant reminder of the unspoken grief that weighed heavily on my heart.

'I won't cry' I told myself.

I need to be strong, I need to be strong for my friends who cry on my shoulders. Need to be strong for Mahi who cries and complains to me every day. I can't afford to cry, I need to be the shoulder to cry on, not the one who cries.

I wiped my tears and strictly closed my eyes hoping that this day would end and I would fall asleep.

________________________________________________________________________________

Sorry, this is a short chapter, will try updating longer chapters next time.

Hope you like it <3

- Cassie