Shut Her Down?

You and your family were gathered in front of a TV in the living room everyone was there except for Five. You were standing next to your twin brother Diego.

"I mean, do you really think Mum would hurt Dad?" Asked Vanya.

"You haven't been home in a long time, Vanya. Maybe you don't know Grace anymore" Luther replied.

"If he was poisoned, it would have shown in the coroner's report" Diego said.

"Well, I don't need a report to tell me what I can see with my own eyes" Luther responded.

"Maybe all that low gravity in space messed with your vision" Diego replied. Diego pressed a button on the remote and replayed the clip "look closer, Dad has his monocle, Mum stands up, monocles gone." Diego told everyone.

"Oh, yeah" Klaus chuckled.

"She wasn't poisoning him, she was taking it, to clean it" Diego said.

"Then where is it? No I've searched the house, including all her things, she doesn't have it" Luther said.

"That's because I took it from her, after the funeral" Diego told everyone.

"You've had the monocle this whole time? What the hell, Diego?" Allison asked.

"Give it to me" Luther demanded.

"I threw it away" Diego replied.

"You what?" Luther asked annoyed.

"Look, I knew that if you found it on Mum, you'd lose your shit. Just like you're doing right now" Diego explained.

"Diego, you son of a bitch" Luther said.

"Hey, no, calm down" Vanya tried to calm the boys down. "Look, I know Dad wasn't exactly an open book. But I do remember one thing he said, Mum was, well, designed to be a caretaker. But also as a protector" Vanya told the bunch.

"What does that mean?" Allison asked.

"She was programmed to intervene if someone's life was in jeopardy" Vanya explained.

"Well, if her hard ware is degrading, then, we need to turn her off" Luther said.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, wait, she's not just a vacuum cleaner you can throw in a closet. She feels things, I've seen it!" Diego yelled.

"She just stood there, Diego, and watched our father die" Luther said.

"I'm with Luther" Allison said.

"Surprise, surprise" you and Diego say in unison.

"Shut up" Allison replied.

Diego and Luther both looked at Vanya "I-i don't" she mumbled.

"Yeah, she shouldn't get a vote" Diego said.

"I was gonna say that I agree with you" Vanya told Diego.

"Okay, she should get a vote" Diego changed his mind. "What about you, stoner boy? What do you got?" Diego asked Klaus.

"Oh, so, what? You need my help now? Oh, 'get out of the van, Klaus!' 'well, welcome back to the van." Klaus said making everyone but you and Luther confused.

"What van?" Allison asked.

"What's it gonna be, Klaus" Luther asked annoyed.

"I'm with Diego, because screw you! And if Ben were here, he'd agree with me" Klaus said.

"Alright, y/n?" Diego turned to you.

"No, she doesn't get a vote. It's unfair she's your biological sister." Luther said and you glared at him.

"That's ridiculous" you told him.

"So that's three, to two" Diego said.

"Votes not final yet" said Allison.

"What?" Diego asked.

"Five's not here, the whole family has to vote we owe each other that" Allison told him.

"What, so I'm not family then?" You asked in annoyance.

"Right" Luther said ignoring you.

"No, we should wait" Vanya said.

Everyone began walking off and you stayed in the living room with Diego. Diego then spotted Mum and walked over to her.

"Hey, how long have you been here?" Diego asked her.

"You all seem upset, I'll make cookies" she told Diego then she smiled.

"Do you ever wonder, all those moments with Mum. The things she said, like, was it her, or was it really Dad?" You said to Diego.

"What are you talking about?" He asked you.

"Well, he built her, and he programmed her to be a mum, to be our mum. Sometimes when I look at her I just see him" You told Diego.

"Maybe that was true at first, but she evolved" Diego said.

"Well, how do you know?" You asked Diego.

"Because Dad only loved himself" Diego said then walked off.

Word count: 708

A/N: I am so sorry for such a short chapter